Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Still in Maui

Baabette amidst the bougainvillea
Lamb in a banyon tree.


Today Kyle and I walked to the nearby swap-meet.  Gee we had fun.  And Baabette went just nuts.  She wanted every piece of jewelry and every dress out there.  And half of the t-shirts as well.  Kyle got 3 new t-shirts.  I got a new dress.  We got some home-made marinades and sauces, and figured the back pack was heavy enough.

 I have 11237 steps so far today. Usually I have salad for lunch, but today I had lamb and pasta and strawberry frozen yogurt.  I was soo hungry!

Now it's time for a nap before dinner. Cruising is hard work, but someone needs to do it.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Did Baabette get upset when your ordered lamb?
    Beautiful photos, Thanks

     
  • At 12:32 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    I had the same thought Timothy!

    How does Baabette feel about you eating a relation? She will have to sleep with one eye open for the remainder of the trip. LOL

    Great holiday pics. Love the bougainvillea.

     
  • At 12:39 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Forgot to say HAPPY EASTER to you both!

     
  • At 1:12 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    sounds like y'all are having a good time

     
  • At 2:27 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Beauty all around! I agree, eating lamb seems a bit cheeky! Great job on the walking!

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Looks like you are having a wonderful time!

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You earned that nap.

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    53 flights of steps! You are doing so well. The fabrics you bought will make such gorgeous quilts. The colors are so vibrant and rich.

    Your posts have made me think of my Grandmother for whom Hawaii was heaven on earth. She loved the place so much, she would have moved there and probably not have missed her family but my grandfather was not as enamored. I have several photos of then in white pants (and he in white bucks) with Hawaiian shirts on. Very classy and very cool.

     
  • At 6:25 AM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Roxie!

    I tell you, if I walked 11,000+ steps, I'd struggle to make it to the dinner table, let alone eat anything. Perhaps if the delivery guy (or lass for preference) could fed me pizza in bed...

    Glad you're having such a fabulous time!

    Indigo x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home