Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Monday in April
.  Yesterday,  Kyle and I walked around the interior hallways to get our steps in because the wind on deck was just too cold.  But we did find some wonderful nooks and crannies with light and comfy privacy, so we are quite pleased with our expedition.  Today is warmer, and at last the clouds are clearing so life on deck is almost a pleasure (except for the wind that just about takes the hair off you.  It was 32 miles an hour yesterday.) Kyle and I did manage to get out on deck and stroll this morning, then after breakfast, we found an enclosed basket chair for two.  So we bundled up in the ship’s bathrobes and a couple of deck towels, and spent a couple of serene hours at the aft rail, watching our wake fade out behind us.  It’s hypnotic, almost transcendent.  I feel as if my psyche has been taken out, steam-cleaned, fluffed and hung out to dry in the sun.
Here’s Baabette with her flirty parasol.  I expected to see other pets on board, but none have shown up yet.  We might have to hang out near the kids’ camp and see if anyone has brought a familiar stuffie.


Gene and Linda A are on this cruise as well, and we have been enjoying their company no end.  At dinner last night, Gene told us that we were supposed to entertain him.   Foolish man.  I started telling jokes, and he and Linda were kind enough to laugh.  In fact, we all got to laughing so raucously that a fellow at another table began giving us very dour, Presbyterian glares. And for heaven’s sake, we were stone cold sober and G-rated. I’m so glad I don’t have to live in his head!  Wait till he sees me with a load on.


We returned to our room to find Baabette frolicking with a terrycloth dog.  That ewe – can’t leave her alone for a minute.  We have a formal dress-up dinner tonight, and I promised her she could come along.  At least I can keep an eye on her, even if I can’t control her.  She’s led such a sheltered life out at the herb farm.  This may be the time she has to learn about consequences.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Linda should have had a critter of her own to accompany her around the ship and seeing sights! It would entertain her husband...or make him run the other way!! LOL

     
  • At 6:28 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    So glad you are having a wonderful time-it could turn out that keeping your eye on Babette could be a full time job!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home