Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

local color

What a glorious day it is today.  Wednesday is the day my writer's group meets on the Clackamas Community College campus.  Ain't it lovely?  And oh what fun it is to watch the girls and boys appreciating one another.

I park as far away as possible from the room we meet in.  So far I have only 2045 steps in today, but most Wednesdays are like that.  And so far I have five points for breakfast (cup of fat-free yogurt, and an egg white and veggie scramble,) and six points for lunch (two tortillas with turkey) and - sigh four points for a celebratory chocolate. Our writer's group celebrates successes by sharing chocolate.  The gal who got her books onto the internet brought chocolate-covered malt balls today.
 Knitting has occurred.  I took a few odds and bobs and used them up in a baby surprise jacket.




It has a certain Ronald Macdonald charm.













But isn't it pretty with the tulips in our front yard?

5 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    We won't call it a Ronald McDonald surprise jacket. We will call it a Tulip Surprise Jacket.

     
  • At 3:15 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh Willow, that's a great idea. Certainly looks more like a Tulip Surprise to me. There's a little person who is going to be so happy with this gorgeous jacket. Kids love colour!
    Enjoy your trip Roxanna!

     
  • At 4:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a gorgeously colorful jacket for a baby. The last two I made were white (both for conservative parents).

    I just bought some neon green yarn to make some socks with. I think it will be fun to work with. Our temps here were milder than this morning. The bite is back in the air (there was frost on the car). I'm looking forward to giving up on coats and moving to jackets.

     
  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Too funny-Ronald MaCDonald sweater! It will bring smiles to any kid who wears it! Chocolate points are essential points...

     
  • At 5:05 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Colors are sure popping over there in Portland.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home