Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Third day at sea -- Baabette writes


It’s not that Kyle and Roxie are old and stuffy, exactly, but they donb’t stay up and party the way I want to.  We had a formal dinner last night and I was so excited getting ready.  I wore a sexy pink and blue halter top wrap with a blue necklace and pink earrings.  I looked sooo pretty one of the photographers took my picture all by my self. 

The public rooms were just crammed full of people in all sorts of fancy clothes.  There was a man wearing a beautiful pleated plaid wool skirt which puzzled me no end until Kyle explained that it was a scotch kilt, and the soldiers in Scotland wear them.  He said that people in Scotland wear lots of wool, and since I’m part Shetland, then some of my ancestors come from Scotland.  I wanted to pet the kilt to see if it feels like anyone I know, but Roxie wouldn’t let me.

Then we went in to dinner.  All the people were so pleased that they could order anything they want, as much as they want, even two lobsters.  Kyle had three appetizers and a small plate of spaghetti.  Roxie had green salad, and broiled fish.  Her lunch was another green salad, and breakfast was an egg white and vegetable omelet, so she decided to treat herself to a little glass of Amoretto.  It smelled funny and burned my tongue when I tasted it.  

After dinner we watched the stage show for a little bit.  It had loud music and bright lights and lots of people in bright sparkly clothes singing and dancing.  I didn’t know what was going on, but it was all very exciting.  I wanted to sing and dance, too, but Roxie, the old stick in the mud, said that they do not encourage audience participation from sheep.  How – specie-ist!  Then we went to bed.

So when, I want to know, WHEN do I get a chance to sing and dance?  Everything is very nice and everyone is very kind, but I want to kick up my heels some time before I die.














4 Comments:

  • At 11:41 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOBSTER!!!! You did not have lobster! Oh My!!! I LOVE lobster! I would have had 2 and one to go into my mini-fridge. Then it would be a midnight snack heated up in the microwave. Now, there are mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms I hope.
    I love lobster and now will dream of it.....

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It sounds like there will be no unwelcome shock when you get back home and step on the scale. One of Peter Kevin's favorite deserts is peach ice cream with a splash of Amoretto. It is truly a decadent liquor.

    Keep an eye on that Babette. She might turn up as the headliner of the show one night,

     
  • At 6:25 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    From one stick in the mud to another; I get it. But I am so sorry for Babette. Be on the alert for ship-side romance!

     
  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sounds like a very exciting trip for you, Baabette! Sounds like Roxie and Kyle are having a lot of fun too. And, it sounds like Roxie is doing great with her food choices. How great that must feel! It's so great that she rewarded herself with a drink. I'd love to see a picture of you in your little halter and jewelry. :-) Happy sailing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home