Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Introducing . . .

You remember Bucky Merino, the roving ramporter and hand puppet? Well he went to visit a friend in California and disappeared.  Sometimes things just happen.

But I miss him, so I got out my needles and set to work and now we have a new traveling companion.
 Say hello to Baabette.  She's a white-faced gray sheep with blue eyes.  I'm just getting to know her, and she seems quite the coquette.

I finished Baabette last night.  Today, she went to breakfast with us at the restaurant, and blew kisses to all the old truckers who gather there daily.  They laughed and smiled.

Then, when Kyle said, "Let's go shopping," she was first in line to go.  I should have explained to her that we were going to the grocery store, but she didn't care.  It's 2.5 miles one way, and since it wasn't raining, we decided to walk it.  Baabette rode on my left hand and was warmer than a glove.  She admired the flowering trees, and all the birds.  She waved to passing cyclists.  Some waved back.




The trail goes over a creek at one point.  She was impressed by  the muddy rush of the water.  She even greeted a friendly kitty, but we didn't get a photo of that.  Our check-out clerk at the store is also a knitter and quite fell in love with Baabette.  There may be more sheep in the neighborhood soon.


8 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I do hope Bucky is soon found. I bet he has made himself a nice hideout or is out roaming and visiting the female sheep in the area.
    If he learns of Baabette, he may soon be coming home to meet her!!

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh No!!! That's just not right. Hoping Bucky will return soon ... maybe he will bring a new family with him ...

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, Ba-bette-- you have such adventures ahead of you! Ah, Bucky, I wish you many lovely adventures on your own :-)

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Too cute! I loved the pattern in Spin Off magazine a long time ago with the sheep puppet-I should dig it out and enjoy the knit!

     
  • At 5:26 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Baabette is very cute. A real go getter type of sheep.

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    Bucky's gone? I am heartbroken! Let's hope he comes home soon wagging his tail behind him.

    Baabette needs her older brother to show her the ropes, right?

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Oh no! What happened to Bucky? Is he still visiting Judy? Or did he get lost in the mail? He was so cute! I had so much fun meeting him when he came to visit. Making a Bucky-buddy is on my to-do list. Babette is very cute! :-)

     
  • At 4:49 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Baabette is a lovely young womansheep. I have a feeling she will lead you onto many great adventures.

    I hope Bucky finds his way home. It's not unusual for a young man to leave home but hopefully he'll keep in touch.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home