Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, April 18, 2014

Maui - photo heavy post


 This morning at 8AM we docked in Kahului on Maui.  Kyle and I were going to take the Rainforest and Waterfalls Hike.  We had paid $136 each to do so.  We got to the dock and were told that the cruise ship company had oversold the tour and there wasn't room for us.  Our money would be refunded, but - sorry - we have nothing available for your to do today.






Undaunted, we decided to make our own fun, so we walked a mile or so to the farmer's market at the Queen Kaahumanu shopping center.  Wayy cool!





These are Winter melon.  They look a lot like warty cucumbers. And in the background you can see Japanese eggplants.  There were papayas and mangoes and green onions and garlics and home-baked portuguese yummy stuff, all sorts of fresh greens, live plants, flowers, and shave ice.  Today I got PinaColada shave ice.  They gave me a gum ball in the bottom of the cup.  ;-)







For those who asked, here is Baabette in her formal wear.  You can see the pink earrings.  She was so festive!

She has been a bit of a pain lately.  She wants a pirate earring. And a date with Johnny Depp.













And, because the fibronistas asked, here is the fabric I have been unable to resist.  A jellyroll of navy to pale blue batiks.  I got these at Artistic Expressions.  I was trying soooo hard to be disciplined.















Then I found a fabric store here in Maui - I fell for a bundle of 4 fat quarters that co-ordinated with the jelly roll.  The shop is Sew Special and they are just crammed with gorgeous batiks and Hawaiian prints.  AND, they have a web site - www.sewspecialmaui@gmail.com so we can order fabric on line if we should start to run out.  (Part of my brain is saying, "You can scarcely walk through your workroom because you have BOXES of fabric stacked up on the floor!!!")












And omigawd, I found a bolt end  - a yard and quarter, that is perfect with everything else!

So we came back to the ship, had lunch, sat in the hot-tub, had cold beverages . . . I am NOT being very WeightWatching accountable.  A MaiTai is nothing but empty calories.  But I HAVE gotten in 12,003 steps and 53 flights of stairs so far today.

If only I could resist the chocolate melting cake at dinner.  Rich dark chocolate - imagine a brownie that is only half-baked so you get a little cake and then spoonfuls of warm brownie batter that is like a chocolate orgasm for your tongue.

And there is no scale available on the ship.  No way at all to weigh in.  No way to see if I am holding the line or sinking into the slow fat morass. (more ass)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:18 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    More ass,...cute! I like a place with no scales to weigh in. I have never owned one! Oh, and the puddy tats are doing great. They were creating their own versions of mini-cats, so put an end to it by sweeping them up! Bad kitties!

     
  • At 2:25 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Great score on the fabrics! You will drop the pound or two of vacation souvenir, don't worry! Have fun!

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    Tell Baabette she's going to have to stand in line for that date with Johnny Depp. Almost every woman under the age of 80 and I are in front of her.

     
  • At 6:15 AM , Anonymous North Glendale Asbestos Removal said...

    Apprecciate this blog post

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home