Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Baabette takes off

Baabette writes

Oh boy, I am having waaay too much fun!  The getting up at 4 in the morning so we could get to the airport on time wasn’t that big a deal for me.  (We’re up early every day at the Transcendent Love Pottery and Herb Farm.)  And we slipped right through the security checks.  Why, Roxie didn’t even have to take her shoes off. 
Here’s me waiting at the airport with Kyle.

And then flying . . . oh, I’m so glad I got to fly.  If nothing else wonderful ever happens to me again in my life, I can still be glad because I got to fly!  The best part was when we, “took off,” and the ground got littler and littler and you could see further and further, and then everything went white.  Kyle told me that was because we were inside a cloud.  I’ve been inside a cloud!  And then, then, we were ABOVE the clouds and I was so excited I just bleat! 
The nice airplane people gave me crackers and water, and before I was nearly done having a good time, we started to “descend.”  Landing is almost as much fun as taking off.  The ground gets bigger and bigger and then –Thump – you’re there.
The cruise line people picked us up at the airport and took us to the Long Beach pier.  We had time to kill so we walked around and looked at things.  Here’s me with Queen Mary.  Heehee.


When we got on the ship, Roxie had one, just one cocktail with a pink umbrella.  I got to keep the umbrella.  I think I look quite fetching with it.  Roxie wants me to tell you that she got in eight thousand steps and except for the cocktail and the chocolate on her pillow, she has been very virtuous.  However, there is no weighing machine on the ship, so we are going to have to cross our fingers and hope.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Wonderful reporting Baabette. Looks like you are going to have a wonderful time.

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sounds like vacation is off to a great start! What a lucky bunny to get that little umbrella! Those are so cute and fun! And, what a great job Roxie is doing with her steps and watching what she eats and drinks. Sounds like it'll be a fun and rewarding trip in many ways. Have a great time, Baabette, Roxie, and Kyle! :-D

     
  • At 5:01 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Enjoy the trip.

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Bon voyage, Babette! Keep the updates coming!

     
  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Baabette/Roxie! Have a fabulous holiday! Indigo x

     
  • At 8:52 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself already! Your pussy pals who could not venture with you on the ship are find and dandy. They told me next time the trip will be in the motorhome so they can go!!

     
  • At 9:07 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I had to delete one comment made by my cat sitting on the keyboard! LOL

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Enjoy your cruise, Baabette. Keep Roxie going on those walks!

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    Don't you just love seeing the world from someone eyes you have never experienced it before? Keep up the reports Baabette! And keep Roxie on her toes while you are at it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home