Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

accountability

I have, for months, been working at losing some weight.  I'm down from 204 to 185 and headed for 170.  That's on the high side but I want some reserves in case I get sick.  The walking has been  a godsend, and I am eating a whole lot better.  Kyle has been a terrific help (Thank you, Darling!)

But I'm a little worried about the cruise.  Well today, I got the inspiration to share my blog address with my Weight Watcher buddies, so they can come cruising with us.  Welcome, welcome, my new friends!

Now, I'll have to be good for everyone's sake so I can prove that happy cruising CAN be fit and trim as well.  So brace yourselves.  I am going to be reporting step counts and food points.  This should keep me away from the self-serve frozen yogurt, and the sweet fruity cocktails with the paper parasols.

 I hope it won't be too boring for everyone else.  There will be lots of photos, and Baabette will no doubt make many friends.  I'll be out of wifi range from Sunday the 13th till we arrive in Hilo on April 17.  Then, from April 24 thru the 28, we will again be at sea.  I'll try to post daily in between.

All packed.  My suitcase was three t-shirts and a beaded shawl over the weight limit.  I will get along without them somehow.  Fifty pounds of clothes for 16 days?  Oh well, I'm going with my navy and red theme, so everything goes with everything else.  Scarves and shawls for accents. Dress shoes, walking shoes, and flip-flops to wear around the ship.  My C-PAP machine counts as one carry-on, so The laptop goes in the back-pack along with cords and chargers, airplane knitting, a baggie of almonds and dried cranberries just in case, glasses, back-up glasses, notebook and pens, kleenex, drugs (Immodium, Aspirin, Benedryl, and the daily vitamins and meds ), bandaids, lipstick, jewelry, cell phone, a t-shirt and change of panties.  Counting down the days!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Sounds like you are all ready to go. Always pack your suitcase ahead of time!

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Congrats on your weight loss! That's exciting! :-)

    Have an awesome trip! Good luck with your eating choices and step counting! I just know you'll do great! And, it'll add to the fun and satisfaction of your trip! You can do it! Rah! Rah! Rah! I'll be here cheering you on and will look forward to your posts. :-)

    Does Babette have a little shawl for chilly nights? That would be adorable! Hmmm? Maybe another project for your trip? I know...I'm not helping with the luggage weight limit. lol

     
  • At 10:08 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I would never be able to resist all the delectable delights! I would lie in bed hearing them call to me, almost hypnotically. More power to you, Roxie!!!!

     
  • At 5:05 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Good job on thinking outside the box, for accountability. Enjoy the trip.

     
  • At 5:33 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a challenge you've set for yourself but it would be a shame to lose all the momentum you've got going. I have absolute faith in you and your determination.

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    I'm on week 2 with WW-I love the info, the site, the precision and the fact that it fits in with a REAL LIFE ! Wishing you the best on your trip!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home