Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Along the waterfront

 Since they didn't need him at work, Kyle took me for a walk along the waterfront today.  We managed to strike a sunny patch in between the squalls.  The wind was sharp, but exhilarating.

I'm not sure of the significance of the padlocks.  They may be tokens of love.  They show up all along the fence here.  Some have names and initials scratched into them.
You can fish in this part of the river, but don't eat anything that lives here.  Salmon and steelhead are just passing through, so they're ok.  I love that it's in 6 languages.
An urban marina.  No parking within about a mile  of this dock.
The cherry trees were shedding clouds of petals in the wind.  It was a gorgeous day!  We got in a brisk two miles and did the full circuit of the river walk.  Boy, I just LOVE being retired!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that stretch of Portland SO. MUCH. What a lovely day.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I tell everyone that retirement it the sweetest lille chocolate bar I ever did eat.

     
  • At 8:45 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    A love lock or love padlock is a padlock which sweethearts lock to a bridge, fence, gate, or similar public fixture to symbolize their love. You can find them all over the world.

     
  • At 4:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I've never seen the padlock thing but I like the symbolism. What a glorious day you had. To say I'm looking forward to retirement is a vast understatement.

     
  • At 7:13 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    I feel the same exhilaration being by water! (and being retired!) Just beautiful!

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    What a beautiful place to walk (and enjoy being retired)!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home