Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, April 02, 2012

April already?

April already?

 We have survived the  wettest March on record.  April shows signs of being equally damp, but there is a break in the deluge and I have run out with my latest knitting and the cell phone.  Photo Op!  Still using up the odds and ends of the bulky yarn.  This hat is child sized.









This hood used up the very last bits.  Random stripes in garter stitch incorporating short rows.


















This cowl was cast on to provide knitting for movies. The 2/2 rib was knitted on size 5s.  The seed stitch was knitted on size 10s.  This means the neck is snug, and the skirt of the cowl spreads and drapes loosely and gracefully.
And finally, white worsted weight yarn, with a thread of Dave Daniels' handspun, hand-dyed yarn to add interest.  This is another hat started from the top and knitted down so I could use every teensy bit of the yarn.

Lately, DH and I have been having back troubles.  I suggested that we swap sides of the couch, because my side certainly had a list to it, and I figured that his side was similarly broken down.  We've had this sofa for ten years, and I figured it should be good for another 30 or so.  Ha, ha! He sat down on my side of the sofa, stood up and said, "We're going shopping.  I'm getting a quarterly bonus check and WE are getting a new couch.  How could you sit on this?"

So we spent most of Saturday putting our butt prints on various styles and brands of furniture and eventually decided to get two Lazy Boy recliners.  It will be ten weeks before we get them, so in the meantime, we spent Sunday re-arranging our living room furniture.  DH is really good at this.  We now have a cozy tv nook separated from a social seating area, and we no longer sit on the broken down sofa.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    We just bought a lazy boy love seat and we like it a lot.
    If you consider the length of time they hold up it's a bargain.

     
  • At 8:27 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    The only thing better than new seating in House of Sophanne was a new mattress!

     
  • At 8:31 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You are a quicker knitter than anyone I have ever seen!
    I want to thank you again for the cap and scarf. I adore them! Even prettier than online! I have already worn them! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

     
  • At 4:33 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We have separate chairs and a loveseat in the living room. My chair is smaller to accomodate my shorter legs and his chair reclines fully so sleeping can occur. It's also big enough for snuggling so it's win/win.

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Your needles are really flying there.

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    What pattern do you use for your top down hats? And are you willing to write up a pattern for that cowl?

     
  • At 5:33 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    You are a machine! The hats are fabulous.

    I see you have your summerhouse ready and waiting for the warmer weather. All you need now is a bbq, a few aussie bbq recipes, invite a few friends over and you'll be set for the warmer weather and the great outdoors.

    Enjoy those chairs!

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    Dang, woman! Do you knit in your sleep?!

     
  • At 2:25 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Next time I see you, please show me what cast-on you use for a top-down hat. I find the ones I have tried really awkward.
    Re-arranging furniture can be very refreshing. However, it took so long to get our living room right that we have no desire for novelty. We do need a new couch, though. I'm think Ikea for the washable slipcover but I'm dubious about how well built it would be. And we have this old-fashioned idea that things should last for decades (meaning, at 64, shouldn't this be the last couch we ever have to buy? Well, maybe.)

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yeah-- our furniture made it eight years, but one more floppy but whomps down on it, and it's gonna be kindling! Go DH-- he knows what's important!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home