Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, March 22, 2012

WTF?

We have ornamental cabbage in a pot next to the pavilion.  It snowed on them last night.  I never snows down here on the valley floor in March.  It's two days into spring few cry sakes!  Spring means rain and more rain and less rain and the occasional flash of sun.  Spring does not mean four inches of snow over night, melting into slippery slush all day long.  You folks back east, basking in 80 degree sunshine in New Jersey (Donna Lee!) watch out, because a big old cold front is headed your way.  And Benita, just hope those flowering trees don't get snowed on, because that makes for lots and lots of downed power lines!  I'm worried about you guys if this hits you like it hit us.









But, being stuck inside, watching "House" re-runs has its benefits.  Another hat off the needles.  I was planning on donating all these hats, but if anyone sees anything that makes you happy, speak up,  send me your snail mail address and I'll ship it off.  It's my job to keep people warm.

This one was cranberry Cascade 220 with a thread of some confetti stuff carried along.  It makes a warm and happy hat.  I used up the very last bits in a silly baby hat. Photos tomorrow.

And Pat has definitely caught me slacking.  Yes, I was supposed to be writing.  I don' wanna!  I want to vegetate dormantly.  My muse had gone to warmer climes for a prolonged spring break.  I am sixty two years old and I'm tired of trying to be a grown-up.  I'm going to fart around till I'm sick of it.  Then, when time to write feels like a privilege instead of a duty, I will hammer down crank out the wordage.  Sloth rules!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Weather sure has been goofy this year. We hardly got any rain over the winter. Other than some chilly temps it was like winter never came. Then, last weekend, just before spring, we had a blast of wintery weather with lots of rain, snow, wind and cold. This week has been in the 70's and 80's and we're supposed to get another wintery blast this weekend. Weird!

    You're a hat making machine lately! It seems like you've been making about one hat a day. Wow! I wish I could get some productive knitting time. Sounds like fun! :-)

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I hope this is the LAST of the snow (except in the mountains where it belongs) for years. Love the cap but the one from March 19 post is still my all time fave.

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Wait a minute! How is it YOU have snow and we've got record HEAT???

     
  • At 12:34 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I just can't imagine or believe your weather. I've been receiving photo updates from my sil--SNOW in MARCH in PORTLAND???

    Please please please keep writing. More Sanna stories.

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Our weather is for cooling temps next week but only into the 50's, still above normal for March. It's so weird to see the ornamental pears all in bloom already. And they stink! I wonder why I never noticed their smell before?

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Maybe we'll get more rain. Sometimes sloth is good.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    It looks like we will be getting what you have later next week, but the temps are supposed to be in the 40's for the lows and the 60's for the highs but sunny skies. Actually, I like that better than the 80's we've had all week.

    I cannot believe I'll be mowing my grass this weekend.

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    Your might try to ignore your muse, Roxie, but she obviously is not ignoring you. That pantoum you wrote for my blog is absolutely inspired. I marvel at what you accomplished within the demands of that form... you express even the parts I didn't say in my essay--that I had to leave the cleaning station when the bird died in my hands, to have a cry, before going back in and taking up another oil-covered bird. "Brace your breaking heart"--yes. The final line of your poem says all that I am trying to say.
    http://www.patriciaklichen.com/2012/03/weekend-haiku-limericks_23.html#disqus_thread

     
  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm tired and jet lagged--and looking at your happy hats and hearing some confirmation of my own inner prima donna (sloth rules!) has made me feel infinitely better!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home