Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wish me luck

 Thick and thin white handspun wool with handspun silk, knitted crown and crocheted sides.  Heavy, thick, practically waterproof on top.  this hat will for sure keep someone WARM.

















Then, some extra bulky yarn knitted on size11s, with the crown crocheted.  It stands up all by itself.  It's practically bullet-proof.


















And finally, something like Lopi in two different dye lots.  Amazing how many hats this one box of yarn is producing!  There's at least one hat more in there.

I have trouble estimating sizes and quantities.  Ever since I was fifteen, men have been telling me that this (holds up hand with thumb and forefinger approximately four inches apart) was six inches, and I have been irretrievably confused ever since.  Do we have enough fabric to make a quilt?  I dunno. Let's give it a shot and find out.    Is there enough yarn here to make a sweater?  Better buy one skein extra just in case.

Tomorrow I am embarking on a bit of an adventure.  I'm taking the on-line application test for Jeopardy  We'll see how far I can go.  Wish me luck!

11 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Boy, you really are cranking them out!

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Good luck, Roxie! let's hope there are no questions about sizes, lengths, and volumes :)

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    You sure have upped your production of hats. They look good. We will have to call you the game show goddess if you win.
    Good luck.

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger grins said...

    I like the third one. Jeopardy, Yikes! I hummed that theme song once for four years. Good luck.

     
  • At 6:30 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    You are a hat making machine! Lots of people will be thanking you for staying warm :-)

     
  • At 8:28 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Good luck, Roxie!

     
  • At 4:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You'll knock them all dead. I have a feeling your head is filled with all kinds of offbeat knowledge-just what you need to be a Jeopardy champ.

    When my knitting/crocheting group makes a particularly dense fabric, I tell them it's bulletproof. The term has caught on and makes everyone who hears it laugh.

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I think men have been saying that long before you turned fifteen and will be long after my grandgirl turns fifteen.

    Good luck on Jeopardy.

     
  • At 5:24 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Jeopardy - As in the tv game?

    Of course I wish you all the luck in the world!

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    You ROCK! Not only in the hat arena, but you'd be such a stellar contestant for Jeopardy. Love love love and good thoughts!!!

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You will be an AMAZING contestant for Jeopardy-- I wanna see you do that!

    And, uhm, *snicker* Yeah. Sure. That's six inches...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home