Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 19, 2012

knitting again

Hat cast on and mostly knitted during "John Carter."It was a thoroughly enjoyable movie, but since I grew up on the tales of Barsoom and the "steely thews"of the greatest Jeddak of Helium it was like meeting an old friend.    I had wondered how they would handle the multiplication of shoulders on the green Martians, and found that the special effects were quite satisfactory.  I hope they bring the books out again.  I would love to return to the red planet with the two moons.

So, after finishing the hat, there was lots of yarn left.  What to do? Another hat?  How about a scarf that plays with the lovely stripeynessof the yarn?  The mitered triangle scarf was just the thing!  Loved the yarn.  It was a whole forest of color.  Gold, russet, brown, deep green, maroon, cranberry, brick, and sundry shades between.  Wish I could remember where I got it.  Iron River Yarns I think, but I have a mind like a steel sieve and all sorts of details fall out.  Dave Daniels, does this look familiar?

I'm trying hard to reduce the yarn stash, but I already have more sweaters than I can wear, and DH is such a human heater that he almost never wears sweaters.  I suppose I could knit a few sweaters up and just keep them on hand in case someone shows up cold.

And now I'm off to sew down the fabric stash.  At least I have a place to send the quilts.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    What a great set! That yarn is pretty. And, what a great idea to make a scarf in that pattern. Nice!

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Whatever yarn it is, it makes a nice set.

     
  • At 5:33 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I love the colors of the hat and scarf! So cool! Goes with just about everything! You are so talented.

     
  • At 5:05 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Very pretty set.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home