Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

hats are fast

These Lorna's Laces hats just fly off the needles.  I've started knitting them from the top down to make it easier to use up allll the yarn.  As I go through the stash I am finding lots and lots of small balls of bulky yarns.  A few ounces of dusty plum, a few yards of a lovely coral and yellow blend, a fist-sized ball of greige handspun thick and thin.  I think striped hats are in my future.  Eccentric striped hats. And then for the really awful ones, perhaps a navy dye bath.  Navy covers a lot of sins.  Other options are dark green, or maroon.  They make all the hues settle down and play nicely together.

And then there's the sock yarns.  Anyone making a random baby blanket?

Isn't this weather the pip?  We have record-setting cold on the left coast, and you folks back east better not put the winter woolies away, because it's headed in your direction.  God bless the folks in the tornado zone!  Let me know if anyone needs some big, heavy comforters.

The problem with being retired is all these decisions.  Shall I fold the laundry, or take a nap?  Shall I empty the dishwasher, or read a book?  Shall I get dressed or go hang out in the hot-tub?  Responsibility will eventually catch up with me, but OMG it's great to be lazy!

Now, if I could just figure why the speaker on my laptop has gone south - and if I can then fix it, I can hang out in the hot-tub and let the lap-top read a book to me till I fall asleep.  How's that for multi-slacking?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    That hat matches the shirt I worked out at the club in yesterday. I was very noticeable! Love the bright colors! At least when someone drops it in the snow it'll be easier to find.

    BTW, Scott saw John Carter today and loved it. Like you, he loved the books.

    Wouldn't it be interesting to take the words in the spam filter and use them to create a new language. I mean, what would orpenu socarce mean?

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Nice color combo on the hat. Retirement has left me a little unfocused and unsure about what I need to do. But I'm good with that.

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    One of my favorite ways to use my mp3 player is for it to read me to sleep. My parents didn't read to us as kids and I find it wonderful to have someone read to me. Only problems is, I have to find the place where I fell asleep when I turn it on in the morning.

    Right now, I 'm listening to Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, one of my all time favorites.

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    The sock blanket is on hold while I work on Dad's vest.

    It snowed for about four hours yesterday, then switched to rain. What is up with the weather?

     
  • At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    Erm...I am impressed by your multi-slacking, but what happened to "Oh! I know how to spend the next hour or two: writing my next book!" Huh?????

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home