Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 26, 2012

stash enhancement

On the way home after a leisurely late sunday breakfast, we passed a sign that sucked me in with a fierce, irresistible vacuum.  It read, "Yarn Sale"  I got nine skeins of yellow chunky weight, baby alpaca for $4 a skein.  Four skeins of bright yellow, and five skeins pale yellow.  I have been knitting hat after hat to use up yarn to reduce the stash.  I have been working hard to reduce the stash.  There is even a space in the cupboard. Or rather, there WAS a space in the cupboard.  Do you know anyone who needs a really warm yellow hand-knit something?

Maybe it's time to play with the dye. Add blue, get green.  Add red, get orange. Add navy, get forest green.  Add dark brown, get dark  brown with a yellow cast.  No way I can get to purple from here.

A yellow tea cozy would make me happy.  That would use maybe two skeins.  Maybe I'll just leave the rest in a basket and squish it occasionally.  Of course, I always welcome suggestions and requests.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    It's saying stripey spring sweater to me. Decorated with daffodils.

     
  • At 11:47 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Baby Alpaca? Is it washable? I have a baby gift to make and might buy the pale yellow from you. We don't want to facilitate your addiction!

     
  • At 10:24 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Ooooh yellow tea cozy sounds wonderful!

     
  • At 4:34 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the bright yellow colors but I look terrible in yellow. I am just too pink.

    But, wow, what a good deal.

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Dieting sucks doesn't it? =^.^=

     
  • At 5:09 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Dye part of it blue and part of it red and have a green, orange and yellow something - very springy!

    Alpaca would keep a tea pot warm a very long time, I would think.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home