Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Thank God for friends

So on Saturday, I had breakfast with BF and PL and we talked about writing and motivation and why my story is stuck.  And a different perspective is exactly what I needed.  I had written myself into a corner, and they opened a door right behind me.  So I'm back to work on my paranormal romance.  Yee haa!

We have had unusually warm and sunny weather lately, and yesterday afternoon I put on a coat and hat, went out in the yard, and just sat in the sunshine, watching the wind in the trees, listening to the birds, and feeling the sun on my face.  It was wonderfully theraputic.  I felt happy and strong by the time my butt got too cold to sit out there any longer.

Yesterday I took pour old cat to the vet because she has another sinus  infection.  I keep telling the doctors that she has nasal polyps and they keep ignoring me.  This doctor heard me, agreed with me, and referred me to a clinic where they have the equipment for feline nasal surgery. Moreover, this doctor is one who talks to the animal, saying, "Oh, honey, I know you don't like that.  I'm so sorry.  Let's try it this way - real quick.  Oh baby, what dramatic sneezes!  You really are uncomfortable, aren't you?"  He is also the first vet to provide antihistamines to dry up the congestion and make her more comfortable.  We are doing big antibiotics, and she is feeling much better already.  Friday we go in for her pre-op visit.  Meanwhile, I am going to bake some chocolate chip cookies for Dr. Horton.  So nice to meet a vet who doesn't treat my babies like animals.

Today, I got myself to the doctor - time for my yearly dermatology exam.  My blood pressure is 114 /60.  I get a gold star on my chart for that.  I take only one prescription medication (prozac) and I'm allergic to only one medication (morphine makes me itch and hallucinate.)  The nurse practically kissed my cheek for being such a fit and healthy specimen.  And, for dermatology, they don't need to weigh you, so I got no scolding what-so-ever.  I left home at 7 and was home by 8.  In, out, everything looks good.

I am, however, developing sebaceous keratosis in my golden years.  It's benign -  kind of like raised liver spots.  As far as I can tell, you get to decide whether you want to live with dark spots on your face and hands, or with scars from having the spots scraped and fried off.  Decisions, decisions. As it happens, today I am wearing my knee-high boots, black tights, and a purple tunic because when you get  to my age, you don't especially give a shit what people think about how you look.  Since the spots are no where near big enough to frighten children, I think I'll continue not giving a shit.  Knee high boots give one a lot of attitude.

Now I'm off to recycle plastic bags, stop at fourbucks coffee shop for a chai latte, then go get my hair cut.  Lord how I love being retired!!

Hope you have a happy, busy day, too!

12 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I have one of those keratin spots already. It freaked me out at first, but doesn't seem to get any bigger or do tricks.

    The outfit of the day sounds awesome, and the writing too!

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I wish I were retired. :)
    I too have the spots-SK kind. And have had basal cell skin cancer. I took care of the skin cancer but I ignore the SK other than scratching at them...

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Anonymous Barb said...

    We love you, spots and all.

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger mplanck said...

    Roxie, I'm finally checking out the blogs I've missed during my absence. Lovely to read yours and find you (my hero) have found a way out of your writer's block. I need help! Hope kitty has a very healing and succedsful surgery. And one last remark; I really get what you said about getting too old to give a shit about about looks. Me too.

     
  • At 7:08 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Are polka dots in fashion? LOL
    I love picturing you striding down the sidewalk in your boots!

     
  • At 10:18 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    The spots just add some color and texture but it's all good.

    Nice blood pressure! That deserves a gold star

     
  • At 4:11 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    I'm with Barb!

     
  • At 4:34 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I think I will make a wonderful retired person. I have just enought sloth to enjoy sitting in the sunshine and just enough busy beaver to get things done.

    I have an adverse reaction to opiods too. Make me sick as a dog.

     
  • At 5:48 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Glad you found a vet that treats your babies good.

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I want to be just like you when I grow up! Actually, I don't give a crap what people think of how I look now which is why I haven't worn make-up in about 15 years.

     
  • At 12:49 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Any doc appointment where they don't weigh me? That's a doc appointment I can live with! Hope your kitty is okay...

     
  • At 9:46 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Aren't those spots annoying? I'm getting them too. I never realized how young those things could start showing up. I hate them on my hands. And, my face....I've never been a big make-up person but I'm finding myself trying to cover more and more and larger and larger spots on my face. Ugh! Your outfit sounds adorable with the tights and boots. What is it about a great pair of boots? They can make me feel so good and like I can take on the world! Love 'em!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home