Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweater

My latest knitting project - cables for the daughter of a friend.  I hope it's long enough.  It was a pleasure to make.  Cascade 220. Mostly knit on size 5s.  The collar is knit on 3s, then 5s, then 7s to make it spread over the shoulders.  It has four plait cables on the front because the family, mother, father, son and daughter, are a close-knit family.  The sleeves have a six plait cable because the son and daughter are old enough to engage additional members.


And here are the buttons.  This picture has the most accurate color for the yarn.  I shopped for the right buttons for ever so long.  And finally, I found these in JoAnnes of all places.

I made afterthought buttonholes.  So handy for when you are winging it and don't know how long the button band is going to be.

She's a buxom lass.  I hope the placement of the cables is flattering.


Now I'm working a little tea cozy in brown and orange, and I will use the left-overs for a hat.  And then I'm on to a pair of alpaca short-fingered gloves for DH.  Knitting is such a comfort.

11 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    That sweater is beautiful, and I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled!

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    La la la... New boots, I like my socks, I had a gathering and oh yeah, by the way, I knit this totally amazing and incredible work of sweater art! It's like throwing a knit blog surprise party.

     
  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm lost in admiration! I love it! You're awesome sauce:-)

     
  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Beautiful and I love the buttons!

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Paul said...

    Gorgeous!!!

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a beautiful sweater. I like the symbolism of the cables, people all entwined.

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Lovely job!

     
  • At 6:42 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I hope she's the type who will appreciate something that took so much time and thought.

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    WOW! What beautiful work. And such a lucky friend, too. How long did it take for you to make this?

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Gorgeous Aran cardigan, beautiful color! The buttons are lovely.
    You really sunk you teeth into this one(that's a joke, my word verification is "denti".)

     
  • At 7:14 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Wow Roxie, that is a beautiful sweater!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home