Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's all gone now

 DH now has photographic proof that I have been seen confronting snow.  He got this picture on Sunday. As you can see, I was not happy about it.  I know that there are people who will gleefully frolic in this stuff, who find it serene and ethereally beautiful.  Well, bloody good for you!  We hates it, we does. Nasssssty sssnowsesss!  We're GLAD it's all melted now!

My pajama day was blissful yesterday.  My bones no longer ache, and my eyes no longer roll shut whenever I stop moving.  Thank you for validating my down time.  Used to be, I knew when I was sickening for something.  It was so rare to feel less than tiptop that I recognized it instantly.  Now, I'm draggin' tush by the end of every day.  My inner critic says that there are women in their 80s who have more vim than I, and it's my own fault if I'm not as fit and vital as they are.  My inner comforter reminds me that there have always been women with more ______ (vim, strength, success, beauty, intelligence, self-discipline, etc. . ..pick one - or several )  than I have.  And there always will be.  We have different strengths, and we pay different prices for the things we cherish.  







11 Comments:

  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger LA said...

    I heard that you all got some slamming weather out there!!!! I'm glad it's moving on out just for YOU!!!!

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Snow is pretty out the window, while I sit inside with a nice cup of tea and a cat (in theory, anyway...I'm desert-born so I've never really tried this). I don't ever want to live anywhere where I have to drive in it or shovel it!

     
  • At 7:16 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Gee, I always think of you as being so energetic and active! But we all need escape and relaxation time, even if it is to escape to a bed wrapped in a quilt!

     
  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    My face looks like that every time I have to go to Sears too.

     
  • At 10:55 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You and me, we don't like snow.

     
  • At 4:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have seen women who have more energy than I. I work with a woman in her late 70's who still runs half marathons (what, she can't do a whole one?). I tell myself that I'm nicer than she is and so what if she can run rings around me in the energy dept. I have a lovely smile and i use it frequently. So there.

    I am one of those folks who loves the white stuff. We're due for some ugly winter weather this weekend. Mostly sleet and freezing rain so we'll be indoors.

     
  • At 4:55 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That's not snow! That's albino brain chiggers!

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    The snow Tuesday night was spectacularly beautiful. I opened all the blinds in the bedroom and slept by snowlight, ethereal palest blue. You were probably asleep before the light was at its most magical. There has never been snow long enough here in the Portland area (or in the lower part of the Santiam vally where I grew up) for me to tire of it.
    Wed. AM melting slush - that was yucky. Heavy rain and flooding - that's ugly AND scary!
    Maybe you should retire to Hawaii!

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    It must have been an emergency for you to have to go to Sears in that since you dislike it so much.

    As for me, I love snow - it's the cold I hate. Okay, I love snow that is under 4" in depth and doesn't kill the power.

     
  • At 3:54 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Sears = Tools, Love it.

    "We have different strengths, and we pay different prices for the things we cherish. " Keepin this quote.

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Hooray for downtime! I find that if I don't take enough of it on purpose, my concentration is shot and I take one accidentally! I'm glad you will not be sickening--and that your snow is not gonna stay.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home