Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I has new boots

Ever since I was a teenager I have wanted knee high boots, but always found them to be prohibitively expensive.  And used to be, large sizes were only basic, boring styles.They didn't even MAKE sexy boots in my size.  But girls have been getting bigger, and tall boots have been getting more stylish.

And then, DH and I went for lunch at the deli in the chichi neighborhood.  As we were standing in line, waiting for a table to clear, a couple of ladies came in and showed their new purchases to the waitress. (her mom and sis-in-law it turns out) and the boots were cute and OMG cheap and the shop was just down the block. The waitress had called everyone she knew.  After lunch, DH and I sauntered on to this tiny shop and wedged our way in and my boots were there!  For - can you believe it - $30!  I've seen similar boots (in earlier decades) for ten times that.  I snapped them up!  And I also picked up a pair of shorter boots with buckles and straps on them for $20.  I know these aren't made in America.  I doubt they're even real leather.  (DH says they're ratskin) They probably won't stand up to a year's hard wear.  But - but- but -  they are a fantasy I've had for fifty years.  And don't they look hot?  I can totally ROCK these boots!  I will look for excuses to wear them.  I am jazzed beyond words.  I has new boots!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    HOT! I love them.

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Those are amazing. Are the socks underneath? You are a statement of all sorts and an inspiration to me. I love who you are.

     
  • At 9:36 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I always thought you had the legs for high boots.

     
  • At 11:01 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    For that price, they probably aren't leather - but I probably would have bought them too! I love that they don't have a high heel too. Very practical!

     
  • At 12:22 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh they are gorgeous boots! I love boots too and let me tell you, you do not need an excuse to wear boots. Wear them everywhere. They look good with everything.

     
  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I had knee high "suede" boots when I was young and thin. Now that I have "calves of size" I have a hard time finding boots. I love yours. Even if they only last the season, it's fun to wear them.

     
  • At 5:26 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Those ROCK!!

     
  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You look stylish and amazing. And yeah-- I was never a boot person--but Chicken is and looks adorable.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home