Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mark your calendars

On March 3rd, 2012, you are all invited to a grand stash-busting piece-a-palooza at the Milwaukie Community Center on Rusk Road.  I will teach you quick and dirty techniques for piecing quilt tops, and the results of our work will be donated to Medical Teams International.  Bring your portable sewing machine if you have one.  Come anyway if you don't.  We will need planners, pinners, pressers, and sewers. Husbands and children are also welcome.  If you have old blankets that we can use for batting, they will be welcome as well.  This is a great ending for those tired old mauve paisley sheets you are sick of.  We will provide pizza, tea, coffee and cookies.  From 10 till 3 -   come when you can.

This is my 62nd birthday party.  We're gonna have FUN!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Great idea for your birthday! Wish I could be there.

     
  • At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Not fair!!! I'm in Indiana!

    Have fun and celebrate hard!

     
  • At 2:23 PM , Blogger LA said...

    I'm so sorry I can't be there...it sounds like fun. But, I do have a blanket that I can send for you to use as a batt. I'll get it in the mail after I give it a good wash!

     
  • At 4:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a wonderful idea! I hope lots and lots of folks show up and you make many beautiful quilts. You are such a generous soul.

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What an awesome party!

     
  • At 7:09 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

    You made a mistake I made yesterday in an evil email. You assume it will only be women quilting, excluding men who might also be there. You can't believe the noise I got from two of our three male weavers!

    Happy early birthday! Wish I could be there in person!

     
  • At 6:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That's gonna be amazing-- you MUST take pictures.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home