Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 07, 2011

movie reviews

Last Sunday, we went to see "Captain America"  So wonderfully 40s comic bookish.  The bad guys were unremittingly bad with no redeeming elements.  The good guys were honorable, heroic, and flawed just enough to be charming.  I loved the history lesson in action sort of stuff.  Selling war bonds and collecting scrap metal. The very laast bit- the segue into the 21st century - was a bit iffy, but how else are they gonna get him into 2012 to join The Avengers? (With Thor and Iron Man and Nick Fury)Needless to say, I loved it.  And these hunky young men bulking up to take their shirts off on the big screen is a nice new trend. 
Then today, we went to see Cowboys and Aliens.  Yeeha!  It's done with a lot of affection for the Westerns of the 70s, and lots of really cool evil aliens!  If you are familiar with Sci Fi, and with Westerns, there won't be many surprises, but there's lots of wonderful action and special effects.  (Harrison Ford with an Apache spear held like a jouster's lance, skewering an alien from horseback.) The kid manages to save himself and even the dog makes it out alive.  It's great fun!

Tomorrow, I begin the countdown to the knitter's tea.  We will have raspberry bars, lemon cupcakes, salmon with dill on pumpernickle, and for fruit - how about big slices of cold watermelon?  If you're coming, let me know soon.  It takes me longer to set the table with this broken wing.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Mmm... One of these days I'm going to make it to tea,

    There were no shirtless wonders in the smurf movie- just in case you were wondering. Did you ever see the b-movie jesse James meets Frankenstein? (or some such title-) talk about genre mixing. I loved it but I'm weird.

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I loved Captain America. Just comic booky enough but still wonderful. And lots of young hunky men. Mmmm Mmmm.

    Give that skin that was under the cast lots of lotion and massage. It took me a while to get the skin on my leg back to normal but I worked on it. The stretching exercises hurt and the pt is no picnic but regaining the range of motion? priceless.

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Tea sounds wonderful, but I can't make it.

    We'll buy the movies later, when they're cheaper.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I totally love both those movies-- you've got good taste in your mindless, yummy, popcorn feeding entertainment!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home