Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh, the fibery goodness!

Dave Danniels f Cabn Cove fame is closing out his stock, so I threw myself on the sale while the selection was good and selfishly didn't do a blog post because his stuff is wondermous awesomesauce and I wanted to get mine first.  It has arrived, so you are all now free to descend upon his store like wolves upon the fold!

Here you see three luscious hand-dyed merino rovings in Black Cherry, Buttercup, and Yankee Ikat.  The two white cylinders contain spice blends - the Taste of Cabin Cove.  I already gave the third collection of seasonings to DH.  I will be baking with the Provence blend (with lavender!) and I know he'll be using the more savory selections in soups, stews and sauces.

The Summer of Spinning totebag somehow got included in the package as well.  What a treat! 
And here is some of Dave's luscious handspun yarn.  The blue and white is Yankee Skycat, and the pink/blue/green is Spring Garden.  Oh lordy I yearn to knit!  You will notice at the bottom of the right side of the photo some knitted stripey glory.  Dave, the uber generous, also stuck in a pair of wool socks made from his very own custom dyed yarn.  Oh, I do love hand-knit socks, and I do so hate to make them!

And being the awesome guy he is, Dave even sent a gift for the kitties.  But Pepper has claimed as her own and refuses to share the nifty box with the crinkly paper and the fascinating SMELLS!  The other cats are interested, but Pepper has hunkered down in the box, spread her cat fat widely, and hissed at anyone else daring to investigate.  Do you suppose she might be catching whiffs of that devilishly suave Boston cat, Dusty?

6 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Those rovings look yummy! I can't wait to see what you do with the black cherry! As for Pepper...she has staked her claim....what can you say????

     
  • At 8:30 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Dave is one of the most talented people I've ever "met" (I've only conversed with him via the computer) and I think an entire museum needs to be devoted to his crafts. I used the Italian seasoning both last night and tonight. I used the French/Provence in some couscous, but I put too much in. It packs a big punch. Lovely yarn, roving and socks.

     
  • At 4:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    He does make lovely yarns. And since you so generously gave up the sale info, I'll have to go and check it out.

    And Pepper is just living the "first come first served" rule.

     
  • At 6:39 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Ahhh... Yes, I need to get over to Dave's store and see what's left. I have a birthday coming up on Sunday, and I think getting myself a gift from there is just what I want to do.

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Those are some lovely yarns! I may have to check out the sale.

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh you greedy little wanton, you! I love that! What shameless indulgence--but at least you shared with the kitties!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home