Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Fryday

 I have one more week to live with the current cast.  I have decorated it with words this time around.  Affirmations.  It says, "Heal, grow strong my lovely bones."  This fiberglass is so porous, it has taken about 17 coats of white polish to create a surface  fit to write on.  I bought a specia lfineline black nailpolish pen for the litterary effort.  No smudge, no smear.



To celebrate, and because I was headed in that direction anyhow, I stopped at VooDoo Doughnuts again.  I got in line just in front of a woman with 22 middle-schoolers in a summer day camp.   The noise level, as you can imagine, was toxic.  So when I got to the order desk, I asked for the first thing that came to mind - the cock-n-balls.  It's cream-filled, you know.


After meeting a friend for lunch, I made my way to the Sock Summit which is going on right now.  As I am not much  of a sock knitter, there weren't a lot of classes that appealed to me, and the off, odd classes I wanted had all filled up within about 30 miniutes of the area, and went quietly and blissfully insane for a while.  SO many colors!  So many soft things to pet!  So many pretty things people have knitted!  Oooooo!  I spent a mere $55 on some hand-dyed bamboo from Teresa Ruch, and came away feeling  highly satisfied.

Tomorrow, I will be doing book signings from  1 - 2 in Pioneer Courthouse Square along with dozens, perhaps hundred of other independent authors and publishers.  My publisher, Puddletown Press, will have a table set up at the book fair on the square, and I get to help!  Woohoo!  For the e-books, I will be signing bookmarks.  And we hope (oh so fervently) to have recieved our shipment from the print on demand press that is producing Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice in paperback.  Who wants a copy?

12 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Now THAT is a wild looking donut!
    Did you devour it all by yourself?
    wink wink
    I have never been to that donut shop but have heard of it.
    I want a book!

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Dang it all, tomorrow I have to take Autumn to a contact lens fitting so I can't come down to your signing, otherwise, I'd be first and last in line to get your Jane Hancock... hee, that's funny to type when looking at the picture of your donut from Voodoo donuts! I drove by the convention center today on my way to and way back from picking up cheerleaders. I couldn't convince them to stop. Enjoy the wonderful weekend, the weather is supposed to be amazing.

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Jealous about the donuts & Sock Summit!!
    Fiberglass casts are all cool & stuff but they are a challenge to have signed. I had a full leg one in high school - I can't even remember how many Sharpies I went through. LOL

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    So wonderful to see you today! I hear Franklin got a wonderful kick out of the VooDoo delivery! Wish I could make your book signing tomorrow; I'd be all gushing fangirl over you to drive up the sales. :) Maybe I can sneak away from the Convention Center for a bit!

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    I so wanted to come to Sock Summit - if only to graze!!

     
  • At 8:45 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'd love a book and have been trying to find a place to buy one? Where can I get one? I want to buy all three for my niece.

    I like the inspirational words on the cast. That is brilliant.

    I know how you feel about knitting socks so it's funny to imagine you going there. I think I would hate the enormous crowds that I imagine being there. Although, I'd brave them for the chance to pet the yarns.

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Hmmm, I was just telling Alice and Pat about that particular doughnut on Wednesday. Now I can't remember how the topic came up.

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope you sell LOTS of books!

     
  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I didn't get to go, but a friend of mine went and picked me up some lovely Handmaiden Sea Silk.

     
  • At 12:34 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Missed your signing but yes yes yes please I need another copy of the first Sanna book. xoxoxo

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Blogger Franklin said...

    Hmmm...that doughnut looks familiar. And was delicious. You naughty thing, you. xoxo

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, I bet the vendors were AWESOME! next year, I WILL be there!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home