Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

At least I walked

MJ came over at 6:45 on her way to work and we took a nrisk stroll around the neighborhood, then had some papaya and yogurt.  She went on her way and I started laying out framed works of art to go up on the walls.  When I had everything arranged just the way I wanted, I ran into a stone wall, metaphorically speaking.  No way in hell I'm going to be able to hang these one-handed.  Well, crapolla!

So DH has a big project all set out and ready for him, and I have a wad of frustration to work off.  But I did get a good walk, and I've spent many productive hours on the laptop, so things could be much worse.  I AM getting things accomplished, although it's still a bit slow.

Wonder if I can bake cookies one-handed?  I'll have to think about this. I can open eggs one- handed, but can I scrape the bowl?

By the way, the cat bite is clean.  Whew!  I've had blood poisoning twice from cat bites.  Not fun.  And the cat has forgiven me.  I was dishing out cat food at the time, of course.  He's always my best friend when the cat food can is opened.

The old cat is done with her pain meds but she's not getting her car keys back until she takes her antibiotics like a good girl.  It's a rodeo twice a day, and half the time she holds the pill on her tongue till she has fooled us into thinking it was swallowed.  Then she slinks off somewhere shadowy and spits it out.  Then I follow her and poke it back in . . .  It's a war of will and I'm running out of ammunition.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I learned (the hard way, of course) that cats have two "curves" in their tongues - you have to get the pill over the second curve.

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Blogger LA said...

    It's tricky getting cats to swallow pills!!! (And, I don't have any tips to share!!) Just stay with it. I'm glad the wound was clean...you don't need any more challenges right now!

     
  • At 4:47 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I hate having to dose the cat. I use a ball of cream cheese and crush the pill into it. I used to leave the pill whole but I had one smart cat who would lick the cheese off and leave th e pill. crushing seems to thwart that. Of course it only works if your cat likes cream cheese.

    And you can scrape the bowl. Just hold the bowl between your casted arm and your body. Awkward but it depends on how badly you want the cookies.

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Greenies make little pockets in which you stash the cat pills. I got one pill into Adele The Neurotic ( I wish she'd sleep 20 hours a day!)by that ruse, but now she won't eat them even empty. I'll try cream cheese!

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    We used the Greenies pill pockets for Icey and she loved them. Otherwise I was bitten several times (and she did the sneaky spit out thing too)

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am longing to get my photographs hung up in my new office. As soon as the wall organizers are up I can do it!

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    You are medicating a cat using only one good wrist and you're wondering if you can make cookies? I you can get the cat to make the cookies-then you can blame any errant furs on her.

     
  • At 6:37 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Wow! Just the thought of poking a pill down a cat's throat is enough to give me an anxiety attack, but you are doing it one handed. You are one determined lady, and while the cat may have "forgiven" you, he will never, ever forget it. :)

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Cats... ye gods! And then, when they get infections, they just stoic it out until they get sick. Wretched animials. I love them, but really...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home