Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I can knit!

It's slow and awkward because the palm part of the cast gets in the way, but with the cut down cast I can now rotate my wrist enough to actually knit!  I am SO happy!

The doctor told me that it was ok to stretch and twist even though it hurt, because my muscles were not strong enough to damage anything.  I now spend a lot of time flexing, stretching and rotating.  Ow, ow, this is the price I pay to get my hand back and it is so worth it! 

The other benefit of the cut down cast is that I can now writhe into a sport bra.  I don't have to rely on DH to buckle me up anymore.  This, just  in time for the hot weather, so I can go for long sweaty walks without having to spend the rest of the day in a wet bra.  I suppose I could go braless, but that's so uncomfortable for me.  The girls, like a couple of Victorian Spinsters, are unable to suppport themselves.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:54 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    What is the opposite of a couple of Victorian Spinsters?

    My girls, like baboons in the jungle, prefer to hang out all over the place- support be damned.

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Paul said...

    "The girls, like a couple of Victorian Spinsters, are unable to suppport themselves."

    You know, you are a marvel!!! I'm currently reading "The Forsyte Saga" by John Galsworthy, and you words are so true...

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Victorian spinsters made me spew beer on the keyboard.

    However, having had a broken wrist in the past, I have a rehab suggestion. Play solitaire - not on the computer, with real cards - the pushing of the three cards off with your left thumb will really help strengthen those muscles.

    HOWEVER, you will still be VERY surprised when they take the cast off. Not only will your arm/wrist be weaker than you expected, the sloughing skin will drive you crazy - you will be creating your own personal snow storm wherever you go.

     
  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Yeah!!! I'm so glad the cast allows you to knit again! I know how much you have missed that activity.

     
  • At 4:37 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Hooray for modern medicine. Just think, years ago, you would have lost use of that wrist. And now you are on your way to becomin bionic. "we have the technology".....

    I love the voodoo donuts. They are right up my family's alley. They'd go along well with Kate's ninja and zombie reindeer holiday cookies.

     
  • At 5:22 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Why would you want to wear more than you have to?

     
  • At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Woohooo!!! Roxie can knit!!!

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Yea, mine went from perky to pouty. And the bigger they are, the further they fall!

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    My girls are also unable to support themselves, been like that since I was 13. Now that I'm old, if I decide to go braless, ToolMan puts out a warning to clear the neighborhood of household pets and small children that might be injured by falling objects.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home