Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

hydrangeas

 I took myself for a nice walk this morning.  since I live in a blue-collar neighborhood, everyone who is going to work has already left by 7 AM, and I had the streets to myself.  Well, yes, there were a few cats to give me the hairy eyeball as I passed, one grey-haired gent in sweatpants watering his blueberry bushes with a hose, and a stay-at-home granny enjoying a cup of coffee and a smoke on the front porch.  They all smiled and waved, except for the cats, but other than that, I had the entire morning to myself and could saunter down the center of the street with insousiance.

 The hydrangeas are in fine form riht now.  I wanted to share a few photos.  The range of color from pink through purple to blue just delights my heart.  I look good in hydrangea.

Then I took my c-pap breathing equipment in for a check-up.  The machine has a built in memory card that records how many hours a day I use it and how much pressure it needs to produce to keep me breathing.  Before the machine, my breathing was interrupted about 35 times an hour.  With the machine, I average only 7 interruptions an hour.  No wonder I don't fall asleep in front of the tv anymore.  I'm getting about 7 1/2 hours of solid sleep a night!   The gal who evaluated my performance is also a spinner, so we had a grand gabfest.  I bet, with this smaller cast, I could even start spinning again.
I spotted this dainty beauty on my walk today.  TBW, or anyone else, what is the name of this pretty flower, and is it hard to grow?  It looks so romantic!

So . . . Granny is visiting for a while and one day the 16year old granddaughter daughter comes romping through the living room in a very sheer shirt. "Sweetheart, you're not going out like that, are you? says Granny.  "Why, I can see your nipples!"

The damsel replied, "Oh gran, get with it.  No one minds if a girl shows off her rosebuds."

The next day,  Miss Rosebuds flounces into the living room and there's Granny, topless. The young lady shrieked, "Oh my God, Gran!  Put some clothes on.  My boyfriend will be here any minute."

Granny smiled and replied, "Oh, get with it. If you can show off your rosebuds, then surely I can display my hanging baskets."

12 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    cute joke! I envy your sleep. Lovely flowers.

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger LA said...

    I think those flowers are "Dutchman's Britches." I don't know the Latin name, sorry..... My hydrangeas are fading in color from all the heat, but they are still blooming!

     
  • At 6:33 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I THINK those are snap dragons but I could be wrong. TBW?

     
  • At 9:03 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *snicker* at the funny-- and yeah... all girls need to beware--their elders are always WAY more embarrassing. I love the flowers--and the way you know your neighborhood

     
  • At 9:30 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Rosebuds, hanging baskets! I know that in your mind you explored other characters and plants...whatsay weeping willows, rutabagas, ...I don't really know what I mean but I intuitively am laughing at the more funny that can be found in the premise of that joke.

     
  • At 5:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    The new CPAP's are a wonder. Grilltech's is old and worn.

     
  • At 5:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    "hanging baskets" hee hee.

    I just finished spinning some yarn called Hydrangea. It's purple and green. I experimented and navajo plied it and it's not bad for a novice effort. It looks just like those bushes. Hydrangeas are some of my favorite flowers. I love the largeness of them.

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    As to flower ID I'm baffled. Dutchmen's Britches I thought was another name for Bleeding Heart, which those don't appear to be - and the are spring bloomers in any case. But "common" names are frequently used for different plants in different places, so that is why Latin names really are useful. I'll keep looking...

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    OK, my brain kept saying "dia...".
    Goggle "diascia" and see if that is your mystery flower.

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! I love that joke!
    I love hydrangeas. Only one of mine has survived.

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oh, Roxie, you will love that plant's sassy name!

    I'm about 99% sure that's Salvia microphylla "Hot Lips". The flowers can be all red, all, white, or bicolor, all on the same plant.

    Try a search for "Salvia microphylla Hot Lips" and see if you agree.

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Obsessive that I am, I've been continuing to wonder about those mystery flowers. I at least googled Hot Lips and I think Alwen is correct!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home