Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 22, 2011

after the cast











So I went  to the fracture clinic today, with my pink bling beguiling one and all.  I was going to hot-glue tthe bling to the cast, but can't find the glue gun.  Now notice how this cast has "Wings" cupping around my elbow?  They are there to prevent me rotating my wrist. 

I keep asking to see my x-rays, so the x-ray techs printed one off for me.  This shows the plate and screws.  I was wrong.  there are not 8 screws.  There are ten.  I am so tickled that  they gave me my own print!  You can sort of see the break just to the left of the bottom of the hammerhead shape
 AND, I am doing so well that they gave me a smaller cast that will permit me to rotate more.  I am thrilled! 








To celebrate, I took myself out to Voodoo Doughnuts.  See the little voodoo doll with the pretezel stabbing him?  This is only one of the many strange and delicious dough gods they offer.  They had to stop making the Nyquill do-nuts, but there are many, many more goodies available.  I bought a maple bacon bar, a Diablo Rex (devilsfood cake with chocolate chips and fudge icing,) and an apple fritter.  I passed on the raised, glazed dipped in grape KoolAid, but maybe next time . . .


Now my tummy feels ooky, but my mouth is still stunned by the glory of it all. Bacon on a maplebar - pure genius!!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Okay, I have to admit I love the voodoo doll donut. That is a hoot!

    And a purple cast! I love purple!

    So, how soon until your wrist is free?

     
  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

    Really glad you are making great progress with your arm. Congrats!

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    They took aunts cast off, left the pins there, told her to leave it alone, cover it with a bag in the shower and now it's infected. I'm glad I wasn't in the room when the dr screeched "lady don't you shower???" at her. That man has a death wish.

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Bacon??? On a doughnut??? I am not big on bacon so not my style. Give me delicious chocolate--mmmmmmm!

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    And are you sure that is a pretzel stabbing him??? Looks like the little guy has a wee erection with a ringer on it to me---LOL!

     
  • At 5:03 PM , Blogger Maggie said...

    Mmmmmmmm, bacon and maple! Next weekend is Bacon Fest here in Knoxville, and I was thinking chocolate and bacon, but maple's good, too.

    Will you be able to knit now?

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger Paul said...

    Now the next step for the x-ray is to have it embroidered on a pillow (life size, of course) to have a stunning conversation piece!

    And I LOVE the maple bacon bar from Voo Doo Doughnuts! Yummmmmmm!

     
  • At 11:10 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    LOVE the news that you've graduated down to a smaller cast. Going through airports could be thrilling with your new parts. I've yet to try Voodoo donuts. Sounds like they're the donut equivalent to Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. Mmmm, bacon. I think we might finally get some summer weather this weekend. Cheers!

     
  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    hmmmm Voodoo doughnuts.... I'm glad we live so far away from them, because I'd be bigger than I am now.

     
  • At 9:11 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    zomg-- the x-ray is very cool, and the VOODOO DOLL--so awesome! (Chicken thought so too!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home