Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, August 13, 2011

and a lovely time was had by all

Theme pink.  SO pink!  Pink watermelon, pink salmon open-faced sandwiches (with pickled beets to give color and zip) Pink napkins wrapping the baskets of scones seasoned with Dave Daniels' French herb blend (YUM!!)  In the bottom right corner you can even see a bit of a pink tea cozy.(Though I'll have to knit a larger one for my awesome extra larger pot.  This is the first tea party I haven't had to brew a second and even third pot of tea. ( If I have more than 12 guests, I just start with two teapots and re-brew from there.)

A splendid time was had by all!  Linda A brought blueberry muffins.  Several weeks ago she baked up two dozen muffins and stuck them in the freezer.  When she went to get them today, there were10 left.  Do you suppose they have been subliming away, one by one, in their little plastic box?  Just sort of dissolving into the void where that second sock goes?

Tamara brought a batch of her world-famous biscotti - still warm.  And glorioius woman that she is, she left the remainder of them with me, wrapped in a pink embroidered dish towel.  Squee! 

As ever, we laughed and talked and told stories.  We got on a theme of what happend when you got stopped by the traffic cop.  I got pulled over once by a young fellow who took a look at my license and said, "Get out of the car, please."  I got out.  He looked up at me and said, "Oh.  You ARE six feet tall, aren't you?"  He accepted that my license was real, and gave me a speeding ticket anyway.  Maggie was living on the East Coast and being the perfect Super Singlemom when she was pulled over.  The officer pointed out that her tags had expired, and much to her surprise, she burst into tears so wrenchingly that he backed up several paces in shock. (No one is Super Singlemom.  Everyone lets things slide.)  Moma was lost on an LA freeway and going too fast in the fast lane. The officer got to the car to find Moma weeping in frustration, her two adult daughters in the backseat praying out loud for help with the situation, and her adult son in the front seat, laughing his silly ass off.  The officer gave her a warning and instructions for how to get where she was going and sent her on her way, no doubt figuring that her day was hard enough.  And how was he supposed to fill out the traffic report on that one?  Moma says her kids revert right back to childhood when they travel togeether in the car.

Do you have any stories about when you were stopped by the police?

Don't you just love real stories?

6 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Deb said...

    My stories are all boring, but I have a friend that has the best story. She had a little red car that had been in an accident, but she still had to get back and forth to work, so she was driving it anyway. She was traveling too fast down a ramp to get on the highway when she was pulled over by a state trooper.

    The state trooper walks up to her and says "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

    Her response...

    "Why yes officer, but no matter what the price, you can't buy my car!"

    She still got a ticket, but she said the trooper about had tears of laughter streaming down his face.

     
  • At 10:32 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I got pulled over for speeding in Central Oregon driving to Laurie's cabin. While the trooper checked my license I pulled the 'my husband lost his job last month' card, Laurie prayed, and I got off with a warning :)

     
  • At 12:19 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I was pulled over once and was so scared, my mind racing to try to figure out what I had done wrong.
    I could hear my heart beating in my ears, my throat went dry. I rolled down the window awaiting a scolding or to be yanked from the car, cuffs wrenched upon my wrists, and to be thrown into the rear seat of the patrol car.
    "Good evening. Did you know that your right rear brake light is out?"
    I admitted I did not and he just told me to get it fixed as soon as possible. Then he sent me on my way!

     
  • At 5:32 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Now see, I could no more organize a tea like that than I could flap my two arms and fly to the moon!

    All I'm really good for is working out puzzles.

     
  • At 4:11 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    As always, a fabulous spread. You guys know how to look after each other and have a great knitting day.

     
  • At 11:49 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    When I was pregnant with Squish, I was hustling Big T to a wrestling match and got pulled over by a cop for running a stop sign A BLOCK AWAY from home. I smiled bravely at the nice policeman, and then, after he'd gone to enter the ticket into the computer, I burst into loud noisy sobs. He got back and was really surprised--I was completely distraught, he'd already entered the ticket, and there was nothing he could do about it.

    "Now ma'am, you're going to make me feel guilty!"

    "I'm sor-sor-sro-sor-soreeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

    And then, to make matters worse, my court appearance was four days after Squish was born. I went in a month afterwards--with Squish in tow--and said, "My daughter was born on the third and the court appearance was on the seventh."

    "Were there any other mitigating factors, Ms. Lane?"

    "You mean BESIDE the four days of labor?"

    The three women next to the judge cracked up, and the judge took away the failure to appear and left me with the traffic ticket. All in all, being a distraught pregnant woman just does not get you as much sympathy as it used to!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home