Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Seasons go round

 Adam's Apple continues to send up determined shoots.  By this time next year, we may bue up to buds and blossoms.
















.  And in preparation for summer festivities, we scalped the lawn.  Well, DH, RW and the mighty Taylor scalped the lawn, while MJ and I shopped for cabinet hardware.  And when we got back, I realized that the handles we haa selected did not go with the hinges.  I took them back and got shiny handles instead.  Easier and cheaper to replace handles than to replace handles AND hinges.
Today, DH and I picked up some groundcloth and bandaged the scalped spot to prevent the infection of weeds and grass under our new terrace, Or whatever. What do you call it? A shade structure over a paved area.  The veranda?  the pallazzo? the summer house?  It's gonna be awesome sauce for knitting in the summer!
And just because I wanted to share it, here's that lascivious magnolia unfurling her tender buds.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You can call it whatever you want; the secret cabana, the knitty nook, summer siesta veranda, birdie booth, whatever you like!!!

     
  • At 6:34 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I should have planted a Magnolia.

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    That magnolia is at least three weeks late, and it's going to freeze its flowers off this week. I hope we get some warm weather between now and next winter so you can enjoy your gazebo.

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    A lair. Every superhero needs a lair.

     
  • At 10:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love yard projects. Can't wait to see the finished veranda/lair.

     
  • At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    What a pretty sight that tree.

    I can't wait to see the pavers you have picked out. Pavers make a place look so pretty.

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Tina Birch said...

    Pallazzo! (so it sounds foreign and intriguing - once you go there, you can't be expected to participate in your ordinary world.)

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooh, isn't she a flirt, out there in her brilliance, mocking your poor lawn with it's funny haircut!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home