Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 27, 2011

yarn shop hopping

Knittech and her delightful daughter Perky were in town yesterday, (Phone call: "We're lost." "What do the street signs say?"  "Walk and don't walk."  "OK, I've been there.") and we went yarn shop hopping.  Started at the Yarn Garden, but as full of yarns as they are, nothing spoke to us.  Then we went to Angelika's over by the Lovejoy Fountain.  She has Lorna's  Laces mohair and boucle for $5 a skein.  Can you believe it?  $5 a skein!!!  Want me to grab some for you? I snabbled up most of a bag of silk and merino worsted weight in the Red Rover color, some pink  mohair, and some luscious blue boucle.  (I have an inspiration for a cowl.)Perky will be getting som awesome socks in a fetching green and purple combination.  Knittech almost got a sterling silver necklace with a lovely pendant holding  elegant beaded stitch markers.  She kept petting it, and putting it down, petting it, and putting it down . . .

Then it was lunch time, and Knittech said, "Take us to your favorite place."  So we hit Sully's and had breakfast because they no longer serve lunch on weekends.  Quell yum!  And after, we walked down to Make One and petted their yarns, totes, and accessories. Also tried to get photos in front of Dark Horse comics with their full size Alien and Predator models in the windows, but the reflections foiled us. Then, it was getting time for me to go shopping with DH, so I took them back to their car and gave them directions to Omsi.  All in all, a fruitful day.  Hope they had as much fun as I did.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    There's a yarn shop downtown by Lovejoy Fountain?? Next time I visit...
    Breakfast on Saturdays, no lunch. I like it. Breakfast all day every Saturday. No need for any other meal :)

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That sounds like a perfect way to spend a day! Yarn shop hopping with good folks.

    My oldest daughter (who doesn't knit) bought me some sock yarn to make socks for her. She wants new socks but doesn't want to use my yarn.

     
  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Sounds like fun! I looked up the yarn store thinking I might mosey down for some mohair, but alas, they are closed on Sundays. Glad you got out and about for some fiber-related fun and exercise.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger LA said...

    YUM....all that wonderful fiber. Have you ever noticed how they will just jump into your arms???? "Take me! Take me!!"

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    http://wynonastudios.com/location/
    This is a yarn and fiber arts store downtown Oregon City!
    I bet those yarns were purring after all that heavy petting--wik wink!

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Oh yea, it was a lot of fun! Next time I'll need to listen to the yarn a little closer.

     
  • At 3:58 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *sniffle* I didn't tell Knittech this, but when I found out she was going to stop by your place, I almost managed to leave everyone but Squish and come meet you all... alas, foiled by life, but I'm glad you had a good time!

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    What a wonderful day (especially the $5 skeins!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home