Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, March 25, 2011

hodge podge

Adam's apple tree doesn't show much change.  Still gnarly and tough.  There are shoots emerging, but they're mere spindly twigs thus far.  It'll be a year or two before we get the apple artillery again.

But bright things have happened indoors.  We got a solar tube put in the dining room.  This used to be one of the darkest corners in the house, and folks at the knitting parties used to try to avoid that dark end of the table, but it's like having a picture window beaming down on you now.  I just dance and dance in the light.  Turn my little face up like a sunflower and smile!  I can't believe what a difference it makes in this part of the house.


On other fronts,(heh heh) I went in and got my mammies grammed today.  I have five friends who are here today because they were diligent about their mamograms and caught it early.  Do not put it off, ladies!  Take a couple of asprins before you go in and tell the nice radiologist that you can't wait to get home and put on your deodorant.

I also went to the dermatologist and had all my spots checked.  I have a place on my forehead that is getting thicker, but the doctor tells me it's not skin cancer.  I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from higher up my forehead a few years ago, and he suggested it could just be sort of a lymph collection resulting from that surgery.  Not to worry unless it itches, scabs up or hurts.

I also went to my regular doc for a regular check up (I try to do all these around my birthday so I remember to get them done.)  My cholesterol is a bit high, my blood sugar is close to high, and I need more exercise.  How many times will I have to hear that, from how many sources, before I actually get of my dyin'ass and move?

And then there was the doorknob symptom.  You know - the doctor has her hand on the door knnob and says, "Is there anything else you can think of?" and your mouth, completely without consulting your brain first, says, "Well, now that you mention it . . it probably isn't anything, but . . "
I was driving home on a very familiar street the other day, and suddenly, it was as if my inner compass rotated and I no longer recognized the street because it was going the wrong direction. , I pulled over, considered the landmarks, and got myself home, but I was seriously disoriented for several minutes.  The doc checked my carrotid arteries, and asked if I was prone to fall asleep during the day.  Well, I'm an olympic class napper, and about ten minutes after I sit down in the recliner, my eyes are rolling shut. 

"Do you snore?" she asked.  DH tells me I snore like a buzz saw and sometimes stop breathing.  So, I'm scheduled for a pulmonary consultation and maybe a sleep study.  I'm not crazy.  I'm oxygen deprived!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am very careful also to get all my little appointments every year. And I'm happy to report that due to my radical dietary changes my cholesterol and triglycerides have plummeted! Now if I could just push myself out the door to walk and exercise!

     
  • At 8:23 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    If you have sleep apnea they may give you a mask to wear.
    Might scare DH!!! LOL

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I have sleep apnea and I have a wonderful love hate relationship with my cpap machine. I hate wearing it, But, I can't sleep well without it, it keeps me alive. I really think I would have stroked out by now without it. Please get checked, It might keep you sane (er well sorta).

     
  • At 3:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Cpap machines are totally worth it and you might just have fun doing Darth Vader impressions!!!
    I usually forget to ask about something too ... I figure I'm just keeping my nice Dr. busy. ;)

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Yeah... Oxygen is rather important...

    And Wannietta is right about the Darth Vader impressions with a C-Pap machine. My hubby has one and it has given him a second life and this one is awake!

     
  • At 4:01 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You're so good! I need to get my mammies grammed, and my care plan makes it so easy! I think this summer... and I'll do something fun while I'm getting the girls squashed, so I can make it worthwhile...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home