Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 21, 2011

post launch post


The snackies came off wonderfully well.  Fruit kabobs and a chocolate fountain are hard to beat!  Everyone assembling the kabobs managed to stab themselves at least once while shoving apple wedges onto the bamboo skewers. The strawberries and pineapple were not nearly so bloodthirsty.) but life did not come to an end and blood did not get on the bananas, so all was good.  There was sangria and fruit punch, and DH contributed two trays of sandwich rollups from Costco's party deli.  Cheese and crackers pretty much finished it off - oh, and the pitcher of ice water with limes in it needed to be re-filled twice.

Here's me with the posters  of the four books that are out now.  The knitting hands are my cover.  Is this too cool or what?

Here's about a third of the people jammed into the lovely house that the owners loaned to us for our launch.  We had a great turn-out and I am so grateful to everyone who came.  Especially because all the noise and crowding drove me nuts.  I clearly am not a party girl.  I had to go outside and sit in the car for a while, to count my marbles and put them back in the bag.  Are there actually people who enjoy this type of party?

Sanna is available as an e-book on Smashbox.  Nook is loadinng.  Amazon is in process.  I am on line!!

10 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Congratulations on a successful party! And, congrats on the on-line venue!

     
  • At 5:04 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You go girl!

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Dave D said...

    Wow, what a packed house you had! That looks like a good turn out. (The Kidnapping the Thorax looks intriguing.) And, it's great to see your hands knitting!

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    congratulations! that's very exciting!

     
  • At 7:44 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    And whoever wants to buy her book right now can do so here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/47925

    You did an awesome job on the food, Roxie, and your reading was a delight.

     
  • At 8:42 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Congratulations it all looks so cool.

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Congrats! I'll keep an eye on Amazon.com.

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You're the bomb-- and I'm SO excited for you. It could not have happened to a nicer authoress! (Who can throw what looks to be a fantastic bash!)

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Tina Birch said...

    You have been one busy lady! Congratulations on your new book release!

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Looks like it was a good turn out. I'm totally with you on the crowd issue. At a recent trip to Barnes and Nobel I noticed two different paperback copies of "The Handmaid's Tale". They had different covers and the one with the newer, darker cover was priced higher. Apparently black, brown and gold pictures are what publishers feel sell right now and that is the current cover trend. Is it wrong to want to drink directly out of a chocolate fountain?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home