Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blanket sewing goes on anyhow

There are people who, when they hear you are sick, show up on the doorstep with home-made chicken soup.  And there are people who will come over and clean your house if you will let them.  Other people might be happy to drive you to and from the doctor.  When I know about someone in distress, I want to make sure they can stay warm. The troubles in Japan have my sewing machine out and running.

Housework?  Why yes, our house works very nicely, thank you.  Wall to wall floors and ceilings, all the usual American appurtances . . .

Cleaning?  Oh, you mean, like cleaning the house sort of house work?  Bwahahahahah!

What?  You're serious?  But - but - what's the point?  I mean, you dust the whole place and then all by itself it gets dirty and two months later you have to do it all over again.  and it's not like you ever get ahead of the game.  The only time I'mcompletely caught up on the laundry is when my husband and I are standing stark naked, folding clothes together.  Like that'll ever happen.  I'm 61, friends.  I just don't do stark naked as well as I used to.  Not that he complains, mind you. . . And he still looks like the blue-eyed lean haunched man I fell in love with, so maybe  we should give it a try. 

Oh lord, the sap IS rising!  I always get extra frisky in the spring.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    LOL about the naked laundry folding!!! I'm only caught up for about 2 minutes on Saturday or Sunday between when I've folded/hung the last clean thing and the latest "used" (as opposed to actual dirty) thing that Amanda has put in the dirty laundry. (And when I say "dirty laundry" that means any part of the floor that she has designated for that task.

    Is that the blanket? The blanket that you created (sewed/made just seem such an inadequate verbs) for me is a constant comfort - a reminder that I have special friends who are always with me in spirit and are not as far away as they may seem. Your enthusiasm and intent is in the fabric Roxie and can't be washed out.

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Boy, spring does have an effect on you!!!

     
  • At 6:15 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yes, spring is here. The weather can't make up it's mind. Its either raining or trying to snow.

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Just imagine how frisky you're going to be next week when it starts warming up.

    Housecleaning is the bane of my existence, too. So tedious and time consuming.

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    We get it - you are married to DH, not your house... (you know, housework, housecleaning, housewife) - it really is annoying how things one did just six months ago, like vacuuming under the bed, need doing all over again...

     
  • At 2:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I LOVE that I know someone who makes pretty blankets and gives them to folks in need. *snicker* And the idea of standing stark naked and folding clothes is MUCH more dignified than my husband and I, stark naked, digging frantically through the hUGE clean laundry pile in search of something to wear. (A thing that happens daily at our house!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home