Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, April 04, 2011

The Alphablog challenge

I have joined the A-z blogging challenge. I am nothing of not a good follower. Lisa , at http://lisanowak.wordpress.com/ ,Susan at Wiggle Room (because every woman needs a room of her own) http://susanlandissteward.blogspot.com/ Pat at Pat Lichen http://www.patriciaklichen.com/ are doing this as well. 

(They are also gifted authors.  Pat and Susan have e-books available on Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.  Pat has a tree-hugger manifesto that even I, daughter of a lumberman and old school ravager of the environment, was able to enjoy and appreciate.  Unlike most tree-huggers, Pat has a sense of humor and gets her point across without preaching or playing the big guilt card. Kidnapping the Lorax is a damn fine read and lots of fun.

Lisa is bringing out a Young Adult Novel with a stock-car racing theme in which the teen protagonist finally starts to get his sh-t together.  It will make you laugh out loud with it's cheeky humor, and it will make you cry because Lisa can be really mean to her characters and she makes them suffer for their mistakes.

 Susan offers a mystery called Blind Leading the Blind  that offers laugh out loud humor, gritty child-welfare procedurals, a blind woman and her useless but charming guide dog, and the female detective that falls in love with her.)

Since I am late to the game, I have to blog on three letters today.

A is for ambition. I have an ambition to be a writer. A writer is someone who writes. I do not particularly have an ambition to be an Author. An Author is someone who is acclaimed for their writing. Acclaim is great stuff, and I suck it up like a greedy piggy, but it is not my Ambition to Attain Acclaim. My ambition is to let the stories and characters in my head run out of my fingers, and onto the page where they can play with everyone.

B is for Biddable. I have always been a biddable kid. I do what people tell me, at least until I get Bored. So here I am, joining the Alphablog challenge, like a fish entering a Bicycle race.

C is for Challenge. And Conscientious. And Conforming. All of them Concepts which I do not like. They make me feel Constrained and Claustrophobic. So I use my Creativity to Change the game while still following the rules.

When I was a kid, Dad used to play a car game with us, saying, "I'm going on a trip and I'm going to pack my anemometer." The next person would say, "I'm going on a trip and I'm going to pack my anemometer, and my bear traps." The next person would say, "I'm going on a trip and I'm going to pack my anemometer, my bear traps, and my coat." And so on. If you forgot a word, or couldn't come up with one, everyone would prompt you. No one was ever out, because then they would sulk and be sullen, and the point of the game was to keep the damn kids entertained in the car! My brothers delighted in using big words, and dad would always explain them for us little kids, so the alphabet game is a long-time favorite of mine.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger LA said...

    Road trips with my kids always meant the alphabet game, but they had to find the letters from words on passing billboards and signs. Needless to say, BBQ and Exxon signs were some of the most valuable!

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Hmmm..so today was A!
    Will Birds be B?
    Caterpillars in Oregon for C?
    Dandelion recipes for D??
    Eagles, Fabulous Ferns, Goats & Goatees, Happy Hippies, Ice Cream, Jungle cats, Kaleidoscopes, Llamas, Menus for romance, Naughty negligees, Owls, Pussycats, Queens, Romantic Roses, Slimy Salamanders. Theater shows, Udders on cows, Voracious Vampires, Wicked Women, Xylophone designs, Yellow flowers, Zebras!!!
    LOL

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    lucky you for enjoying family games.
    Ours were never so entertaining. I fought with my brother until we were forced to sit on our hands. I think I crossed the entire state of Idaho without scratching my itchy nose. Well at least it felt like it.

     
  • At 7:48 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    D is for delightful, daring, and darling...

    We played license plate poker.

     
  • At 11:30 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    E is for entertaining, effervescent, and ebullient:-0

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home