Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 07, 2011

Year of seasons cut short

The little maple tree in  the front yard is enjoying it's last morning.  We had the tree guy over this weekend, and the little maple tree is split at the crown and rotting all the way down the inside.  And her branches are interferring with power lines.  Today they will take her down, rather than wait for her to die and fall over in the next good storm.  We are thinking of replacing her with birches.

So what tree shall I follow now for a year of seasons?  Our backyard walnut?
The neighbor's tree?

















Or shall I document the rebirth of the old apple tree?  This is the one that had grown tall and was dropping fruit onto the porch roof, making a sound like artilliary fire.  Very hard on the nerves of our neighbor who is a military vetern.  We are going to encourage low-hanging fruit.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I would suggest the stubbly old apple. It has a lot of character.

     
  • At 2:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love the apple tree - totally gnarly dude!! LOL!!

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I vote for the apple tree. I looks like eager worms rising up from the ground after a good rain.

     
  • At 5:27 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I vote apple, more changes to see.

     
  • At 11:00 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Oh, no!!!

    I think the apple tree. With spring coming, it'll be lovely to watch it from beginning of its year to its end.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Hmmm... difficult choice. Maybe find an avenue or a corridor of trees--or maybe the rebirth of the apple, like some great Norse god...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home