Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I return to pink

The green background,though peaceful and refreshing, just didn't make my inner 3 year old squee, and it's important to keep her happy.  If she gets cranky, there's no telling when she might throw a tantrum or what she might do.  I was riding a bus and a young woman slouched back and threw her feet up against the pole right next to me - about a foot away from my face. So I tied her shoes together.  "Why did you do that?" she asked me.  "Why did you stick your feet in my face?" I replied.
"I didn't.  I just put them up."  "See where your feet are.  See where my face is. You didn't intend to put your feet in my face, because you didn't think about anyone but yourself.  You are not the only person on the planet."  "You're not my mom!"  "And thank God for that!  We'd have killed each other before you turned fourteen!"   

She put her feet on the floor, re-tied her shoes, and glared at me till I got off the bus.  It was the three-year-old who played with the shoe-laces, but she had the venomous crone to back her up.

Also, since the books will be coming out as e-books soon, my publishers want me to start a second blog featuring writing.  AND they want me to do a facebook page for Sanna (soon as we get an illustration of her from our artists, because they want her face on the page.  AND, they want me to set up a twitter account for Sanna. 

Shriek!  A learning curve!  No!  No!  Technology is too hard.  I'm too old and stupid. 

Ah, and so we hear from the inner Barbie.  "Math is hard."  Well, Barbie, I am perfectly capable of learning how to Tweet, I already know how to blog, and it's about time I pulled my socks up and got back to work selling the books. 

So stay tuned.  The writing blog will have short stories and writerly thoughts. (Though I really believe that you don't learnhow to write by reading about how to write.  You learn how to write by writing.)  The facebook page will have comments from Sanna.  And the Twitter - (Roxie straightens her shoulders, accesses her inner Xena and faces it boldly) The twitter will be mastered as soon as possible.

March 20 is the opening Gala for Puddletown Press.  Wish us prosperity!!

10 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Ha ha ha! Tied her shoelaces together!

    I love that.

     
  • At 7:17 AM , Blogger LA said...

    OK girl, put on your big girl panties and go show the world YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Just think of all the "new" stuff you have learned already!

     
  • At 7:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I have a Twitter account but Twitter confuses me; not that it takes much. For micro-blogging I prefer Plurk - it just seems more intuitive.

    And I totally wish you prosperity!!

     
  • At 10:14 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Did you really tie someone's shoes together on the bus? I love you to pieces!

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I always liked the pink best, so I'm happy it's back. One thing you should keep in mind with your writer blog is not to post for other writers, but to post for readers. You might even consider doing posts from the POV of various characters. Wouldn't that be fun?

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You go girl!

    Learning new things keeps you young.

     
  • At 10:04 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    I like the pink better, too; the pink is more "Roxie" than the green. :)

    Love the shoelace story! Old age and treachery will win over youth and enthusiasm every time!

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I'm glad pink has returned.

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The pink is most welcome--and your inner three year old is frickin' brilliant! And I'm so proud of you and your kick-ass technology attitude! Soon you'll be connecting your lj to your twitter to your facebook and posting on three fronts at once!

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Gosh, you did what I would have wanted to do, but would have been too chicken to do it and spent the rest of the day wishing I had. Maybe the little chit will think twice about putting her feet up like that.

    How does one autograph an ebook? :) I will be ordering mine as soon as it comes out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home