Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Surprise!!

 The weathermen have been predicting snow for days now.  So this morning, the one morning I have to drive to work, tah dah!  Here's the maple tree for the year of seasons.  We never get winter in February.  Well, ok, I remember one snowstorm on March 7, but it melted as fast as it hit.







It's hard to believe that these are color pictures. But really, this is the color it is outside.  The drive to work actually wasn't a problem at all.  The pavement was bare and wet, but the snow was coming down so hard it was like driving through a swarm of popcorn.












And when I got to work, look what I found crossing the parking lot -- squirrel tracks!! The parking lot was an untouched blank canvas and I was sorely tempted to lie down and make a snow angel, but with my tweaky back, I was afraid I might not get up again.


All the deans and high-level administrators stayed home, so I would have had to lie in the snow until a secretary found me.   I stayed vertical and went in to the office like a good girl because the secretaries have enough to do as it is.
 
By one PM when it was time for me to go home, it had all melted away.  At 3, it came down again like flour out of a sifter.  And again, it's melting.  We just don't do winter very well around here.

12 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Well, it seems to have stopped, but they guarantee a hard freeze tonight, so I better go stick some plants in the garage and turn on the heat in my greenhouse.

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger LA said...

    A late season snow is just a reminder that Mother Nature is still in charge!!!! We're due for big thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. I guess that is our reminder that spring is just around the corner!

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Wow - that's amazing!

    Not to worry. I'm sure spring is not too far away. :)

     
  • At 6:41 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    But Oregon does rainy autumns and springs really really well!

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    LOVE the squirrel footprints!

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    We got smacked with snow today, too, but we got about 3-4 inches.

    Love the squirrel tracks! How cool!

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Our snow is melting off pretty fast. Today's drive in was snowy and slick in spots, but not to bad.

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You guys do spring really well (and so much earlier than we do).

    I love it when there are expanses of snow with no footprints. It makes me want to write messages and make snow angels and run around in circles.

    I try to point out to my girls that taking care of themselves NOW will pay off big time in 30 years but the young are immortal and eternally young.

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I can just picture you prone in the parking lot. I did not go to work Thursday so could not have rescued you!
    I imagined you in your snow angel and calling for help on your cell phone! LOL

     
  • At 10:33 PM , Anonymous Susan L-S said...

    I'm so glad we had snow. For some reason, I can't believe in spring until I've had some winter. Although this is usually daffodil time. But now I'll be able to see them. Until winter passes, flowers are invisible.

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Most of our winters are that color family. I love that bluish light, but by late March I'm ready for some SUN.

     
  • At 7:27 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Pretty pretty pictures, but really, I'm a fat ginger tom cat myself-- I'll be with Ben, crouching over the pilot light, thank you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home