Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

prang

So I was digging a pan out of the back of the cupboard under the stove top, and I know I should have just gotten down on my knees, but I bent over and reached . . . 

So I was in a little pain on Tuesday, but thought a gentle yoga session would do me good. It was one of those 50/50 things - you know?  I called heads and the coin came up tails.  The stretches felt good, but now I'm crippling around with my back support belt and the tingles running down the leg.  No fret.  It's an old wound, a memento of my full-time weaving days.   I know how to tend it, and it will heal up soon.  This getting old stuff just ain't for sissies.

Youngsters, I don't want to scare you but every injury you ever get will come back  to remind you as you age.  That sunburn you got when you were 13?  Can you say basal call carcinoma?  The three weeks you lived on coffee and uppers while you finished your Russian lit paper?  And how's your digestion now?  That silver-tongued guy you met on that warm summer night when the music was so good and the beer was so cold?  Herpes is the gift that keeps on giving.  Athletes will tell you about the knee that got swacked in 8th grade football and has been trouble ever since. 

My dears, my dears, take care of yourselves.  I wish I had gotten down on my knees on Monday.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yes, take care of yourselves! No one else will do it as well as you can.

     
  • At 8:28 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Amen, Sister!!!! Good advice!

     
  • At 4:49 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Hope your back feels better soon!

     
  • At 5:56 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Oh punkin so sorry! Take care of yourself and don't go out in the snow (piddling as it is) and slip or anything!!!

     
  • At 7:27 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The gentle stretches are good. I like Aleve with some alcohol - strictly for it's medicinal value! - and feet-up knitting.

    Take it easy!

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I completely understand that now...though I wish I had known it sooner. The shoulder I dislocated in martial arts class just never was the same again.

     
  • At 12:29 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I agree; it is the pits to grow older especially when our inner soul is so young.
    I always feel bad that I cannot kneel in church at the altar but with the fake knee and other in bad shape, it is a no no. Fake knee hurts to put that pressure on it. I say I stand for God!

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Sorry to hear you're hurting.

     
  • At 9:08 PM , Blogger Tina Birch said...

    so sorry - hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I hope you feel better, baby- and the advice was excellent--it was, alas, 20 years too late... (except for the Herpes--thank you, no, haven't had any:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home