Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I've been busy

The writerly blog is at http://roxannawrites.blogspot.com/  and is titled, You Learn How to Write by Writing.  Having stated my philosophy, next post will be a short story.

When Mom passed, and the inheritances came through, many of my nieces bought new cars.  I invested in retirement funds, but saved a little out for my own new wheels.  I got a Roomba!  Squeee!!  Aside from the fact that it scares the cats, gets lost under the dining table in that forest of legs, and ate a spool of thread, It is without flaw.  I loves it.  It rumbles around, bouncing off the walls and sucking up all dust, lint, cat hair and various detritus.  It does a great job. 

I was lying in bed, wondering what to do when we win the lottery (oh come on.  You do it too!) and it seemed to me that the most wonderful thing I could spend money on would be someone to come in once a week or so and clean the floors.

The lightbulb appeared over my head.  I can buy a robot to do that!  So I did.  I love having mechanical servants.  The dishwasher, the clothes washer, the automatic entertainment box (TV) and now, the Roomba. 

So today, while Roomba swept the floors, I did some more baking.  Again, I am trying bread.  DH took me out of the house for a nice long walk during the second rise that usually makes me crazy.  It worked.  Beautiful high-domed loaf.  Now if I can just get it out of the pan. . .

Also, I took a recipe from the latest issue of TeaTime magazine and made a scratch cake with strawberry preserves.  Oh my YUM!  It's a lovely cake!  This bears repeating.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I don't know ... I love me a good gadget but I don't know if the Roomba would be really effective - it just doesn't seem powerful enough. I do love my Dyson but keep us apprised on your Roomba, maybe it will be a good supplement to Dyson & I!

     
  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    A Roomba would be repeatedly banging against the front door until someone opened it so that it could escape from the insanity (and filth) my horde produces daily. We're showing solidarity with Ashley and foregoing gluten until we determine just what is making her sick. Ironically, we just bought a brand new 50 pound bag of flour this weekend. If gluten is indeed her problem then I'll truck it down to you. I can't wait to have time to check out your writing blog. I'd love to learn to write effectively. Cheers to you on this soggy Monday!

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I'd like something like that, but I think our dogs' hair would choke a Roomba. I brush or comb about a chihuahua-worth of hair out a day.

    When I make bread, I grease the pans with Crisco (or the store equivalent). That's all I ever use it for. My mom always took the loaves out of the pans the minute they came out of the oven, so I do that, too.

     
  • At 6:59 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a lovely idea.. unfortunately, I think my kids leave around way too much Rumba food on the floor at present. Maybe when the short ones are so big all they do is flounce off to their rooms, we'll get a rumba!

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I have something that vacuums the floor too. His name is Scott! :)

    He'll do all of it but the stairs so I do the stairs.

    Still a Roomba would be fun to watch.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home