Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

How the mighty are fallen

Here is the little maple, which in reality was a sweet gum.  A guy DH works with will be by to pick up the wood for his fireplace, but he'd better hurry, because two people have already offered to clear it away for us.

The rot was pretty well established, and it would have taken down power and cable lines to two houses when it went down.  We'll give the yard a summer of full sun, then look into some birches.Meanwhile, the birthday celebration continues.  Heide, the darling, gave me a gift dertificate for Dave Daniels Cabin Cove shop, and I picked out three gorgeous skeins of yarn.  Dave, being the lad that he is, included three more for his birthday present to me.
What did he include?  Satyr's Dance, Forest Climax, and Orgasm # 9.
Looks like I'll need to knit some more Peter parkas.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Dave said...

    Ha ha ha ha ha, I'm so glad they arrived! I knew you'd enjoy them all.

     
  • At 8:56 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Those sweetgums are known for having soft wood. Poor thing. I hope you get a nice birch.

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    An ounce of prevention ...

    Beautiful yarn!! I have some lovely blue yarn that I bought from Dave aeons ago ... I'll have to drag it out one of these days & let it tell me what it wants to be.

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I did not realize that yarn had such sensual names! Satyr's dance, Forest climax and Orgasm#9 (wonder what 10-8 look like! wink wink!)
    I would feel rather sexy wearing those yarns!!!!

     
  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Goodbye little tree. Glad to know you will still be useful warming someone's home.

    Beautiful yarn - yummy

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Very nice haul...

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Oh, what a lovely birthday gift! And Dave was such a sweetie to include his own to you. Yours from me is going out in next Monday's mail. I'm still gathering.

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *gasp* dave has such lovely stuff-- I still have my gift certificate-- I just need to make a decision!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home