Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry rises

Yesterday DB and I got together for our weekly cuppa and chat, and each brought gifts for the other. That was fun! I gave her a CD about spies in England during WW II because she is working on a book incorporating that. And rumballs of course. She gave me home-made carmel sauce that I want to sit and sip from a small snifter just like a fine liquor. And she also gave me rich, delicate teacakes, AND, pretty cupcake papers and lacey collars for the finished cupcakes. Because I am now becoming a real baker.

And it began to feel like Christmas.

I got home to find that MizG. had been by and dropped off a pile of goodies, wrapped packages, and some indecently good prune and date tartlets.

And I started singing "Have yourself a merry little Christmas."

The merry rises.

OK, for my inner three-year-old, it's all about the presents, but she likes giving as well as getting, and she judges them all by the standards of a three-year-old so she is just as excited by a package of sequins as she is by a diamond ring. She's THREE fer crysakes. I have not opened the wrapped presents because that's against the rules, and because it feels all happy and warm to have surprises waiting for me. Quite squeeful.

I spent the afternoon making lavender sachets with bits of silk and ribbons. And that felt very merry. Then Heide posted the video of animals singing Deck the Halls. I laughed out loud several times.

DH makes sure the Christmas tree is plugged in as soon as it gets dark. And LG gave me an online advent calender. Thanks to the wonderful people in my life, I am totally in the mood!! Thank you, thank you, and Merry Christmas! HOHOHO!!

7 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    So I've misplaced your email add- I think its on a different computer- too lazy to look. These posts of yours about doing the things you can and the holiday "to spirit or not to spirit" thing have been very wise and helpful. Last week a funk approached containing the devilish ghosts of Christmas pasts (and they weren't the good kind) and with you in the back of my thoughts I opted for chatting to the mr sophanne about solutions to ease the sad rather than succumbing to the depths of downness. We've got a plan slowly forming involving some lights and food delicacies to be shared and time to be enjoyed. Thanks for sharing your brain. It has helped me.

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good to hear you're feeling merry!

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh hurrary! I'm so glad you're getting the merry on. Now that Roxie's in the Christmas Spirit, we can all celebrate :)

     
  • At 6:25 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Sounds like a wonderful ramp up.

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I just started with the music and baking so am a few days behind you. Looking forward to 3 year old delight :-)

     
  • At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    The best thing about the Christmas spirit is the way it creeps up on you. You start smiling when you see Christms decorations, then you find yourself humming Christmas songs, then the next thing you know you've been pounced upon and your heart opens up and lets all that gladness in.

    So, Christmas is like a kitten. :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that idea-- "The Merry Rises"-- I can see a talented cartoonist making that a good Christmas card--and I'd love to see it, because I was not impressed by this year's selection!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home