Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, December 10, 2010

He's a better man than I am.

My Darling Husband is hard to buy for. His wants are few, and if he needs something, he goes out and gets it. He already has more clothes than he wants, and is very selective about his entertainment. No sports or hobbies. After a few lottery tickets and a couple of books of carwash tickets, I'm at a loss. I asked him to give me a wish list, and even he can't come up with anything.

So last night he came up with this idea - he said,"Let's take the money you were going to spend on my present, go find one of those giving trees, and buy presents for needy kids." And he really means it! Is he the sweetest man on earth or what?

After I had kissed him all over his face and hugged him till he farted, I said, "You could do the same thing for me." and he said, "Oh hell no. I've already got plans for you!" And I am selfish enough to be thrilled. I think there's a Kitchen Aid mixer in my future. And bubblebath. And maybe some tea. Can you believe that there's only 15 days till Christmas?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You crack me up, Roxie. Only you could include a fart in a sweet, touching story about your husband.

    I loved reading this.

     
  • At 2:17 PM , Blogger Paul said...

    That is SO sweet! It sounds like a win-win situation to me!

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Boy, you have such a gem of a husband! He is definitely a keeper!! You are blessed!

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    He is a sweet sweet man. And I'll hope for the kitchen aid. I have one that is 25 years old (!) and still going strong.

    Christmas is going to creep up and smack me upside the head one of these days, I just know it.

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I adore you both... You're both truly lovely people:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home