Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, December 04, 2010

seasonal tree

I know I ought to continue to use the same angle for taking the tree photo, but the angle I started out with doesn't show the thinning as well as this one does. You can see here, how the inside is mostly naked, but the outer leaves remain.

I have to stand in the street to get this shot. The others have mostly been taken from the front porch. But I think I will continue to brave the street and the stares of the passing traffic. This is a much better angle.

I live in a nice blue-collar neighborhood, and by the time there's enough daylight for photography, people are up and headed to work. There's a guy in a blue pickup that has started to wave when he passes me, standing in the cold with my camera, in my bathrobe and slippers, hair a froth of bed-head fuzz, and face still creased from the pillow. He seems to get genuine amusement from the sight of me. hey, if i have done something to brighten someone's day, then good for me!!


As you can see, it was a bit foggy Friday morning. I love living here!!


I am knitting a seed stitch silk scarf, using up three partial balls of yarn. You knit a row with one color, drop it and pick up the second color and knit the next row, drop it and pick up the third color, drop it, and the first color is waiting for you to go on. It's mindless, but not as fast as I could wish because the three strands of yarn tend to braid themselves together as I work and every few roes I have to stop and untangle. I put each ball inti a seperate zip-lock baggie and that helps a lot, but next project is gonna be one skein of yarn at a time!!

The cats still refuse to use the Magic Genie self-cleaning litterbox. They will crap on the bare floor beside it, and they will use the special litter if I put it in one of their regular litterboxes, but they refuse to set paw in the self-cleaning thing. Poor DH. He thought the Magic Genie was going to solve all our litterbox problems. For his sake, I wish the crapweasles would at least make an effort!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    The seed stitch scarf is going to be amazing. That tree is just being difficult because you're documenting it. That sucks about the litter box. This morning we're asses and elbows here (glad you used that phrase, it reminds me of growing up because my mom used it constantly) as we try to get Brian packed and ready for a trip to Tennessee... Guard business. If everything settles a bit then I'll send you an email and let you know what our weekend schedule is like. Hugs to you and yours.

     
  • At 11:14 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    If you have other litterboxes, they will go to them as a habit. Cats can be trained to use that magic one. I had a kitten once who hated touching the litter and would use the floor, so I spent one day placing her in the litterbox every hour and makng her stay there for a few minutes. She did finally submit!
    If there is something showign on the machine that might be scaring them, maybe cover it up with a towel or something.
    I have seen a cat trained to use a toilet!! So things are not hopeless.

     
  • At 3:13 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    That's a good idea to use up loft over yarn. I may try it with partial balls of sock yarn and come up with an interesting baby blanket.

    I'm sorry, but I laughed hard about the cats and the special litter box. Gosh, but I love cats!

    Nice shot of the tree. I, too, like this angle. Give the guy in the pick-up a wave for me next week.

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Ooh, love the foggy picture.

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Aww... poor DH... there's nothing worse than a toy that no one else will play with... (darned crapweasels... it's not just that they crap, it's that they have so much fun doing it!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home