Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

knitting on

As promised, the photo of the three-yarn seed-stitch scarf. It's soft, it's got lots of navy in it. It's manly, right?







Hope so, because I have a lot of that mottled navy and burgundy silkl, and I'm on a roll. I got the yarn at a bit of a discount because the skeins were fairly tangled. I look upon tangles as a form of meditation, and spent most of the afternoon yesterday hanging tangled skeins on the swift, and walking around and around it, carefully working the slowly growing ball of yarn in and out of the snarls. Took me hours, but I wound up with six balls of silk to knit with. And I was listening to Terry Pratchet's "Carpe Jugulum" on the i-pod, so both left and right brain were happily entertained.

I knit a sweater out of this yarn as well, an am somewhat dismayed at how much bias stockinette sags in silk. It clings quite affectionately, too. You can almost see the bones in my bra. It may well be re-knit into something less revealing.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I tried to get into the Discworld series but it didn't take. I have the first few books still and might give it another go.

     
  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Kate gave me the introduction to the discworld series but it required more attention than I had at the time. Maybe over the holidays.

    The silk could be manly. The colors are nice and deep. Could you wear something under the silk sweater to make it less revealing?

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    As much as I love working with silk when it comes' to dyeing and spinning, it's awful when it comes to knitting. It has NO memory and just hangs and sags.
    But, yes, the scarf is manly, and I like it, too.

     
  • At 6:09 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    No, that's pretty girly.

     
  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *g* Yeah... bra bones are a little scandalous aren't they?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home