Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, December 13, 2010

A feeling is stirring

Got the cookies baked and shipped, and a few trinkets picked up and wrapped. I feel a bit more festive. Christmas music helps, too. Eleven days till Christmas.

Can not keep wrapped presents under the tree because Pepper considers all ribbon to be her rightful prey. Maybe I should get her some nightcrawlers to play with. I don't want to let a snake loose in the house because it might get away. Pepper's enthusiastic in her pursuit of all things serpentine, but she hasn't much experience. Runaway nightcrawlers I can wrangle.

It's ok if this isn't the most merry Christmas ever. I've had many merry, and there are many more to come. Quiet, grateful, and peaceful has a lot to be said for it as well. There's no need to force a feeling.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Do pet stores sell wind up snakes?

    Our tree is finally up and even decorated :) Christmas music is playing. I should light some candles.

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    You don't have to use ribbons, you know! Good to hear your cookies are done. I'll probably do mine on Thursday.

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I know what puts me in the Christmas spirit: Snow, the smell of an orange being peeled, the smell of pine needles and listening to Bing Crosby sing Christmas carols. Sigh.... :)

     
  • At 6:33 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We have a leather string that Uggy attacks. Might work on Pepper.

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Maybe if I could get the danged tree into the house and decorated it might help me get in the spirit!! When did firs start working out???
    I am smiling and gave out cards, but still the feeling is lacking as my family is so far away...husband is ill...maybe it will come...

     
  • At 8:56 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I think worms in the house might take things in the wrong direction!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home