Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 09, 2010

And now, leafless


The latest storm has ripped most of the rest of the leaves off the maple. Here she is in all her graceful structure.
Usually we get rain that goes on all day long and ammounts to less than a quarter inch total. Today, we're goiong to have well over an inch - maybe closer to 2. It's raining cats and dogs and it's hard to avoid stepping in the poodles. I'm about to start looking for those houseboat plans. It's a warm rain, all from the south. We call it a pineapple express, because it's blowing up from Hawaii. this is a great time to go beachcombing, because these are the winds that bring in the old glass japanese fishing floats.
I found takers for the ballet tickets so I won't have to go by myself. Oh boy!! I willl have to take drugs to stay awake for the drive home. A cup of black tea at 4PM ought to do it. I'm such a lightweight!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Our storms that strip the trees and sometimes bring snow are called Alberta Clippers because they bring the cold winds from Canada. Pineapple express sounds like it should smell sweet and rum-like.

     
  • At 5:24 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Love those floats, I've got three of them.

     
  • At 7:13 AM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Enjoy the Nutcracker - seeing it live with the music is magical!

     
  • At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    So, that's what that Ker-Plunk sound was. When they drop, they drop!!!

    Have fun at the ballet!!

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Love your season milestone--and the poodle pun gets me every time!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home