Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 21, 2010

Lulu shows up

Lulu Naughty Lamb has shown up in Southern California. Visit Willow's blog http://willowscottage.blogspot.com/2010/lulu-lamb-in-la-la-land for the latest update.

Sorry I've been off the bloglines this weekend. I just got my head stuck into the sewing, and any spare attention went to DH. Friday night we went out to a Greek restaurant in the nearby suburb of Sellwood, and had a fabulous dinner with friends and their eldest son. We have known them for about 10 years, and it has been a treat to watch their boys grow up. The eldest is a charming, self-possessed young man now. Father of the year belongs to RW. He and MJ are raising responsible, intelligent adults.

Saturday night DH and I went to Lisa's Solstice party. Yes, it was outdoors (and in the garage) and yes, it was chilly and it rained a little, but we're living in Western Oregon, and we know that summer doesn't really start untill after July 4th, so we wore long underwear and coats and hats and heavy socks and had a grand time! Lisa always makes sure the kids have lots to do, with sidewalk chalk and a freshly power-washed driveway, and goodie bags with things like super balls and bubbles and crazy straws. The girls all played with the bubbles in front of a standing fan, and the boys all played with the bonfire. In another couple of years, the boys will be old enough to notice the girls, and the goodie bags will be harder to fill.

I've just about finished another quilt. Photos tomorrow. Actually, I'm not making quilts. I'm making pieced and tied comforters. Much quicker, and a bit warmer, if not quite as sturdy as a proper quilted quilt. Two more to go.

Happy first day of summer! We might get up to 62F today, and it's entirely possible that it won't rain. Woohoo - the best day of the week!!

DH and I are talking about our vacation for next year. We're thinking of visiting Washington DC and the Smithsonian Museum. Any suggestions? Where, for heaven's sake should we stay? I want to see the Fashion wing, we both want to do the Air and Space museum, and the Jefferson Monument and the Vietnam Memorial. and as long as we're on the East Coast, it would be fun to see some of you nice folks face to face if we can manage it. We're looking at early to mid-May.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    My MIL was in DC last year and still goes on and one about the Newseum, so you might want to check that out. Me? I'd head out of town and go to Williamsburg and Monticello. But that's just me.

    I'll check out what Lulu is up to.

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    There is so much to see in DC! I need to drag my DH and son there some day.

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You would love the museums, especially the Air and Space, a family fave. We would have to drive down to meet you there! What fun!

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Em said...

    A trip to the capital, what fun! If this comes to pass, you'll have to let us know so we can meet up with you and crash your vacation for a little while.

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Washington DC is totally cool. I've been there twice.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home