Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 11, 2010

We're setting with mugs and placemats this week. the rains have made the strawberries too late for a strawberry orgy, so I thought I'd go a bit casual.
Janette, if you cantake a break from the move, you can sit here. A cup from Oz and a chook for a napkin ring.


Alwen, didn't you fall in love with this plate? And the mug is a sort of pale malachite shade - a nice complement to the pearly grey napkin.

Heide, your napkin ring is mother of pearl because you have three little pearls to mother. And a mug I bought at a local craft fair because I just had to have it. You know how that goes.

Amy, Greens and terrible tom-cats for you.

Benita, a hand-woven placemat and salvaged silver fork napkin ring.


Tim, Even if you don't knit, you're welcome to sit in. A little exotica for the newly retired, soon to be ramblin' man.

Knit-tech, the Chinese dragon mug because it' s bold and strong, just like you.

Lucia, I remembered your elegant french cats for a not-so-crazy cat lady.
Dave, this one's for you -hand knitted and felted napkin ring with decorative buttons,and a hand-sewn napkin(By LG - thanks again!). For Meister handverk!
The gingerbread's baked, the oatmeal cookies are cooling, I bought a package of maple-syrup cream sandwich cookies because I love them and when else can I get away with it? Maggie is bringing fruit salad, and the eggs peeled nicely, so we have deviled eggs. Made with dry mustard. A qualified success. I may make a few cheese sandwiches just to stretch things out a bit. Other than that, we won't have a thing to eat.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Heck ya, I'm ready for knit day. Oh wait, I'm going over to Aunt & Uncle's house to help work on their computers.

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    For me, really, a place at your table??? I've always wanted to attend one of your gatherings. Maybe you should consider doing a web-cast or something...

     
  • At 7:28 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Sounds like everything is ready for a great party. Have fun!

     
  • At 11:14 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I Love the place settings.
    Mine fits my ambitions.

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OH, Roxie-- I ADORE my place setting. You DO know me, sweetheart! I would love to sit and knit with you!

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Aww, too bad I missed it. I was gone, in San Diego, hanging out with MamaMia and her two cats and new puppy, and husband and brother and sister in law and my husband....

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    What's funny is that as I was reading the post, I saw the plate first, thought, "I love that plate" and then saw what you had written!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home