Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 12, 2010

June knitters

Dahhling! I'm so glad you could make it! Come in and sit anywhere you like.

Tea? It's oolong today. Or coffee? the last of the Kona. Or there's hot water and herbal teas or would you prefer some juice?




The deviled eggs are made with dry mustard. They have a bit of a kick to them. I put dried cranberries in my spotted owl cookies along with the raisins. And please try one of these sinful maple cream sandwiches. I'll just eat them all if you don't.











Even the gingerbread cake is pleased to see you. (Thanks for the idea, Rose Red!)











Maggie brought a fabulous fruit salad with cherries and grapes and nuts and all sorts of yummy bits.

















Pat told us about a book she's reading that suggests we consider our lives a story we are writing and start making it turn out the way we like. What would make a better story? It really got us talking. Lynn pointed out that sometimes the story's not about us. MJ suggested that it's involved with our innate search for meaning. And we were off and running!!



The cozies kept the pots so hot that the handles were too hot to hold. We wound up using the cozies as potholders as well. And after three hours on the table, the hot water pot was still scalding. We went through three posts of black tea in the same ammount of time. Oh My we had fun!







10 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    mmmmm gingerbread cake - yum!

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    What fun! And wasn't the weather warm?

    Oh, Lulu went to SD with me too. I had to pull her out of a bit of trouble, as usual. Will report later...after I recover from the week.

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Awesome! You throw great birthday parties!!

     
  • At 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you are too funny :)

    Looks like a wonderful time!
    Daisy

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You DO know how to throw a party! Looks like loads of fun.

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Very efficient cozies. The cake looks friendly and the fruit sounds yummy.

    I really like the idea of being the author of our own stories. It would make a good conversation starter.

     
  • At 9:17 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I love that photo of you!

     
  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Great company, great food, great conversation - sounds like a heck of a party!

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    What a wonderful tea party!

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Oh, I wish I could have been there. But now that the weather's gone back in the dumpster, I can see I made the right choice to work in the yard. Might have been my only opportunity this summer. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home