Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

unsatisfactory

First shot at a cozy made with mitered squares is not what I had anticipated. The squares were too big, and that altered the whole design. Time to re-size and go for it again. 23 stitches on a side is about 1/3 too big. 15 stitches on a side should be a lot easier to work with. I have a lot oAnd f tea pots with a bail handle (Asian style bamboo handles.) As well as a number of "Brown Betty" style pots, so I prefer the total-cover cozies. This kind, with handle and spout protruding, let the tea cool too soon unless you are pouring lots of tea really fast. If you make a pot of tea to sip all afternoon, a total-cover cozy keeps it hot till you drain the pot.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    You are on a roll with the tea cozies!

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Hmmm... The next try should be interesting.

    I didn't know that about full cover cozies versus ones with handle and spout showing. No wonder my tea gets cold too quickly.

     
  • At 7:00 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The pot looks all homey like that. I have to make a cozy so that next winter I can have a whole pot of hot tea.

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I still can't believe that a sweater for a teapot can be so efficient. Wool is a wonderful thing:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home